world map based on clicks

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by BlazedSoul, Jun 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BlazedSoul

BlazedSoul Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    so... i want to make a game where you see locations in the world map (mostly dungeons and cities) and you click them to enter, instead of walking i have searched for something like that but the only thing i found was something to click events like chests... i dont know if i can use it for this im just starting with all of this, an example of a game using this style is Kamidori alchemist meister.

i think a problem could be that the map is bigger than the screen and you need to drag to move around and be able to see more dungeons.

1345159922-cg000005.png

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The first problem would be that you need the ability to click - which means you need to add a mouse script, because by default the RM's have no mouse support.

If that mouse script has a support for dragging, you might be able to use that - but most probably you'll have to split the worldmap into several screens and click on arrow pictures to change to the next part.

And then you need to adapt the mouse script and the world map to your functions for the world map...

If you're new to RMs and game making, I suggest you start at the link in my signature, and then make a small test project without mouse just to learn the basics of the engine - adding a lot of scripts into your first game project can cause a lot of problems unless you already have a background in programming.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Moving to RGSS3 Script Requests, since you'll need a script (even if you use one of the existing mouse scripts, you'll need another script that works with it for your world map

4. BlazedSoul

BlazedSoul Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    thanks a lot, i guess i will do what you suggested me.
    thanks mod for moving to the correct place i will then ask there the next time if it looks like i will need a script