Worst Modern Games You've Played

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ultim, Jul 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ultim

Ultim Kartoffel. Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Hello,

So,I wanted to know what are the worst modern games you've played.But with ONE rule : they must've been out between 2012-2014.

For me,It'll be Unearthed : Trail of Ibn Battuta.It's just bugged and...

2. Mr.Khajiit

Mr.Khajiit Moon Sugar ! Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Same.

3. SoulPour777

SoulPour777 Crownless King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Call of Duty

Bukarett and sokita like this.
  4. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Far Cry 3?

Nah, Aliens Colonial Marines is probably one of those genuinely bad.

I'm just counting big budget titles.

5. Ultim

Ultim Kartoffel. Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    @Soulpour777 : Ghosts is crappy as hell.

@Clord : Aliens :Colonial Marines is a nightmare.

6. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Far Cry 3 tries to make a good story by using romantic scenes. I don't have sexual attraction so they didn't really work on me.

Game was way better outside of the story overall, with some exceptions like that one villain that gets killed off too fast.

I know that priestess is supposedly hot but obviously it doesn't work on me the intended way since it is my body, not my mind that reacts to it that much. I was obviously not interested.

In fact, Far Cry 3's female characters are rather ugly and seems that their budget went to better male designs. I like when male characters are girly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  7. Ultim

Ultim Kartoffel. Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    @Clord : I hope Far Cry 4 will fix all these story issues...

Clord likes this.
  8. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

I failed to realize that the main character was attracted to Citra and it being potentially one of the reasons why he constantly went back to meet her.

9. Sailerius

Sailerius Engineer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Dark Souls. One of the most hilariously poorly-designed games I've played in my life. I'm convinced that there's not actually anyone who legitimately enjoys it, just a really strong viral marketing campaign to coerce poor saps into parting with their money to get stuck with an RPG Maker-grade game.

10. Espon

Espon Lazy Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I enjoyed it.  =[

I didn't even know it existed until a friend suggested I try it since I enjoyed playing Monster Hunter Tri and they play kind of similar.

11. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
       I haven't played dark souls 2 but dark souls I found to be pretty fun up until the part that everyone that dueled you was a hacker. Granted the growth mechanics were to confusing and they had serious balancing issues they liked to patch away at which usually meant nuking the everything that was op until it was pathetically weak and oping the former weak things which screws up your entire guy; if they could ever learn to fricking balance the game would have been pretty good though.

Hmm, I haven't played but a handful of games from 2012 onward but the one I would consider to be the worst would have to be DMC: Devil May Cry. I just disliked nearly every aspect of the reboot except the gameplay; for starters it's a reboot but they for some reason decided to give the new game every negative trait that has been applied to the original games. So new Dante is every bit of the womanizing, vile spewing psychopath that feminist activists have touted him as being through five games now. I loved the first three games, and have even seen the animated series that no one really knows existed and enjoyed the heck out of it. Then it's like someone decided that they would create a game that actually has all of the misogynistic ideals that the previous games were (mostly) falsely accused of having, only with a much less likeable protagonist (arguably because he actually is a misogynist now) who drops f-bombs like candy and tries way to hard to be 'cool'.

I have to admit that the gameplay was actually really good, the way you shifted weapons instantly for combos really fit well and everything felt like a further refined system of the games I enjoyed in the past; so maybe I'm being a little silly for disliking a game for it's story that never had a story of real substance to begin with. I just feel like ninja theory kind of gave people like me the finger by turning the series into exactly what it's been criticized for in the past by ignorant drones, thus making me look like the drone for defending them in the past. Oh well, it's one of like 3 games I've played from that period so it's all I've got to hate.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  12. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Care to elaborate superstar?

MyLordRobinson likes this.
  13. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

There is saying amongst the Dark Souls fans. If you don't like it, you just don't "get it."

Well not really, but there should be.

Anyway, criticism is really drowned upon when it comes to that series. It is so unusual game series that those design choices actually make sense somehow.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  14. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Too obvious troll attempt.

Worst modern game I played has to be Elder Scrolls Online. Just... Ugh. Granted, it was final beta I played, but everything was a trainwreck.

EvilEagles likes this.
  15. Confederacy

Confederacy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Rome 2: Total War. I was expecting the game to have its issues as with every other Total War game, but at the very least I expected issues similar to Shogun 2. Never did I expect to get the mess of a game that they felt was worthy of release. At the same time, I have to consider it a blessing since I was close to purchasing X: Rebirth but held off at the last minute.

I'm pretty picky with the games I buy and the only other one that I can recall that I hated besides Rome 2: Total War was Skyrim.

16. Bitterbug

Bitterbug Nami-Swaaan~ Member

First Language:
    English
    I feel I might get flamed for this, but eeeeh~ DayZ.

Don't get me wrong, the premise is really good. The ideas are all there. But the system they built the game upon feels like I'm playing a crappy N64 game that's been up-ressed for current 'gen'. It feels so... clunky and unresponsive, and when it comes to zombie-survival games I like to feel like I am actually controlling a person, not an 18-wheeler. >.<

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    Alexander Amnell likes this.
  17. Ultim

Ultim Kartoffel. Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    @Bitterbug : WUT DAYZ IS AWESOME hehe just kidding.I also thought controls were clunky.

18. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Old Republic.

The fact we didn't get a proper KotORIII because of that piece of trash angers me to no end.

Alkorri, Bukarett and Lorenze like this.
  19. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

The Old Republic might have not been that good game for some when it came out but it had some balls so to say.

One of the characters own slave that is basically kept under control with a shock collar.

And it gets nastier. An ancient "monster" that follows you and has no real loyalty towards your character.

20. Shelby

Shelby Diva Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Day one Garys incident. Watch the youtube videos, very interesting.