Would anybody be able to improve this Banjo Kazooie sprite for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Jones

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
It's a sprite of Banjo from the game Banjo-Kazooie.

$banjo2.png

It's a nice sprite but I'm wondering if anybody could make it better. It's mainly the movement, especially the bottom row where he is walking up looks off to me. It was originally made by somebody called SENA but I believe he couldn't finish it and I wanted to make some changes, so I tried to finish and change it myself (results above) but I am NOT a guy who knows what he's doing with visuals and sprites and stuff, so no doubt there's room for improvement!

It's for RPG Maker VX Ace.

Reference images and videos of Banjo from the original N64 game are of course available on Google. I am mostly happy with the above sprite but I'd really like somebody who has done a lot of work with sprites and knows what's up to just give it a few tweaks, esp to improve the animation and esp the bottom row when he is walking up. I am not going to make this any more specific because I want somebody who knows more about this stuff than I do to see where it could be improved. You DON'T have to make drastic changes. Subtle is perfect. Drastic if you really want to though.

Thanks in advance! :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could you please clarify if the original artist (Sena) allows edits of their work?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Larry Jones Please reply to the query about the artist allowing editing, or this thread will have to be closed.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Closed due to non-response after significant time. We need the terms of use updated before this can be legally shared. Once you post the required updates report this post and we can reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.
Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhumanbox