Would it be possible to download entire maps?

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I always just find individual tiles... so, just to confirm, that isn't possible? Besides the default ones, that is...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already suggested you do the tutorials and the help file to learn about the engine, because the engine is too much to "learn by doing".
That way you also might have learned about the sample maps included in the program...

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not asking about the sample maps...

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's the question you're asking and the question I think you want.

Yes, the map is stored in a file, you could download an entire map.

No, you generally do not find maps available to download. Maps are a huge part of what actually makes your game - what would be the point of you saying you made a game if your towns or dungeons or whatever are the same as someone else's?

Many tilesets that you purchase will include more sample maps so that you can see how to use the various pieces of that tileset well.

Aside from that, you're talking about hiring other people to draw your maps for you.

watermark

Thinking of what to do next
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, there was the ARUM project back then where you had maps to download. I'm not sure if it's still going. I also tried starting a free map resource but then I got too busy to manage it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best_Beef