Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's what I have:

A list of skill types such as Arcane, Pyromancy, Huardian, Juggernaut, etc.

Here's what I want to do:
Consolidate them all into one skill list in combat so that any skills you have learned for your class/subclass will simply be listed under "Skills". Or perhaps I could assign with note tags skills that would be "Offensive" and "Defensive" or something along those lines.

Now all that being said.. I remember reading something months ago, it may have even been a Yanfly thing, that allows you to do exactly this. You could assign skills as "Magic" and "Special" and things like that. I don't remember where and I attempted to search the forums, but I suppose I'm not searching the right keywords. Also tried looking over my plugin help file with regards to Yanfly's skill plugins, but didn't find anything. I don't use his "Equip Battle Skills" plugin.

Anyone have any thoughts?

TakaDynasty

Apologetic Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hrm... It seems like it should be doable with Yanfly's plugins somehow, but I can't find anything about it either. The less than optimal solution, of course, is to create duplicates of every skill and place them in the appropriate type groupings, but I can see why you'd rather avoid that.

As a shot in the dark, with all of Yanfly's relevant skill plugins installed, I'd try <Stype: x> in the skill notetags, with x being the consolidated type, but... I can't find any specifics about that actually being at thing that works. :p

I did find this here on the forums, but it seems to be for VXA. It might help you find the thing you remember reading about, though? Unfortunately that's all I can find with a few Google searches, so I must be searching the wrong keywords too. :/

Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tried testing that <stype: x> with no luck. I was hopeful! lol

It's hard to find any information on it. I remember seeing/reading something about it months ago, but I can't recall if it was a Yanfly video or if it was another plugin that someone else made.

I may just have to revert all the abilities in the game to two categories rather than a category for each class.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, there's a plugin for this! I think it's 

Come to think of it, I think a bunch of Battle Command customizer plugins do something similar.... SumRndmDude and Victor both have scripts for this, but Bobstah's was the first to come to mind. :D

Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin looks promising. I'll have to test it to see if it's compatible with Yanfly's plugins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

That sigh when a roaming chicken blocks your move event :/
Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImpLover666