Would like to know if there is any way to recover a % of HP/MP through an event.

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my game I want to have a system where after an enemy is defeated you can choose to drink it's blood. Like a vampire. Doing so
will recover about 10% of your HP and MP. This system plays into something later on where you MC can become a Vampire.

I tried doing this with Change Actor HP, but that adds a permanent boost to the HP of the actor. That could technically work as well but I really wanted it to be more of a small healing act, than a permanent HP/MP increasing act.

Any way to do this?

Thank You;

CHKNRAVE

Surprisingly not sponsored by Yanfly.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can set up a variable to be equal to the drinker's max HP, divide that variable by 10 (for 10% of it), and restore HP equal to the variable (through "Change HP" which should actually not permanently increase the target's max HP but only restore it, otherwise that'd be "Change Parameter"). Then, do the same for the MP.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have a variable store actor's max HP. Divide it by 10. Then change actor HP event and add the value stored in that variable.
Do the same thing, but for MP instead.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just double checked to make sure, but change HP doesnt increase the max HP.
tested with change HP +200 while actor only had 130. just gave a full heal.
are you sure your not using change parameter?

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank You for the replies. I will try all suggestions.

I will also make sure that I am not using Change Parameter by accident.

Thank You;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brassykibbles