Would "Move Toward Player" the right option to fix this? (YEP_EventChasePlayer involved)

alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simple question really...I suppose I could just test it out but this is easier and it gives me a chance to interact with people here (plus if I do something wrong, I can blame somebody else LOL just kidding)

I've got a NPC that unless the player is carrying/wearing special goggles they cannot see it and using YEP_EventChasePlayer it will go after the player and initiate the encounter once caught.

Here's what I'm doing and what my problem is - Upon spotting the player, the Alert Common Event is triggered. All it does is flash the screen and change the NPC event's picture to something visible. After that the NPC event just resumes its prescribed patrol path instead of chasing the player. Part of me suspects that it's executing the Alert event and then stopping the chase instead of chasing. To me, that seems counterintuitive.

What I want to happen is upon spotting the player, for the NPC to alert, materialize, and then run at high speed to catch the player.

Will putting Move Toward Player in the NPC's movement route cause it to chase after the player, or will it just take one step and stop? Or do I need to do something else?

Also, If anybody has any experience with the YEP_EventChasePlayer mod doing this and has resolved it, I'd love to hear how.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you manage to make it to the point of triggering the common event?
Preferrably, just turn on a switch inside that common event.
The NPC will have two page.
Page one is the normal patrol.
Page two have different graphic and require switch condition, as well as different autonomous movement.
From there, set the movement type to Approach.

alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the Alert event is triggered...which I have set to "decloak" the NPC. And Approach will have the NPC run (I have the speed set to the fastest) up to the player automatically?

If so, that will solve my problem since the rest of the encounter is triggered by Event Touch

alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kuro DCupu
The movement commands doesn't have anything labeled Approach .
Should that be Move Toward Player?

movements.JPG

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where are you trying to trigger the movement? =_=

1606549425267.png

Set your NPC event as above.
In the common event, you only need to trigger the visual effect and turn on a switch.
When the switch turned ON, your NPC will automatically changed to the second page.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is there a way to add pictures to profile posts?
I just graduated from high school yesterday!
I accidently wipe out my entire hdd...
Hey everyone, I'm going to do winners announcement post for the OCCIII after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.
3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archon126