Would you ever think of watching "smaller" video channels?

Would you watch small video channels? Or nah?

• Nope, if they don't have more than a million subs, I'm not watching.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Keegs

Bridge Monkey
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Most recently - say about a month ago I started to think to myself; "There are a lot more channels out there than the people I consistently watch, some with great quality, but few subs. I should give some people a shot." Around then I started watching channels that uploaded videos of games I hold dearly in my heart, in this instance it was a game called "Dirty Bomb," I found a few people this way and their content was pretty nice and enjoyable, plus it's very easy to contact these people since they aren't high and mighty which means you can make some great contacts along the way.

How do you feel about small video channels and would you give them a chance? Does it depend? Do you only watch friends and family - feeling obligated? Or do you only watch small channels - and if you do, bravo. You must make a lot of people's days!

Donekk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I watch small channels most of the time...

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really like small channels! If I come across one and I like it, I will sub to it. It's amazing how little channels can also be dedicated uploaders and give their all despite the lack of subs. I want to show my appreciation in letting them know they have a fan! ^^

Donekk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yep, you right
and more nice games to heck out, thx:LZSjoy:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't watch the channel.
I watch videos.

I sub whatever channel that I think is interesting.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The bigger issue is that youtube's algorithms have been set up to actively promote big channels and all but erase smaller channels for reasons that are...against this forums rules for me to actually even discuss. I'd recommend if you are a smaller channel that you branch out to some of the alternative hosting platforms. I have two channels on pretty much all of them, and I'm growing pretty well on most, except for youtube where my media critic channel is dead in the water and my gaming channel has like two hundred subs, whereas both have thousands of subscribers elsewhere on sites I started posting to far later.

Youtube is "The place to go" for watching video content still (though I firmly believe that that's changing because of their irresponsible anti-creator behavior in recent years and will one day no longer be the case) but it is absolutely the last place to go for promoting yourself at this point if you aren't already a priority creator.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!
Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AeriaGloris123