Wouldn't MZ be Far Better with A More Modern Programming Workflow?

CG-Tespy

Professional Persona Panderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MZ has been missing a lot of programmer workflow features, if not being very lacking in it (unit-testing, IDE support, and most basic of all, multi-file scripting support) that other engines have had for decades. Said multi-file scripting support has been around since before the mid-2000s, yet even RMXP practically forced coders to code monolithically.

As a programmer, I've been pretty unhappy with this iteration of the engine due to said missing or badly supported features; as one who already has MV, I don't think the current asking price is reasonable.

Coding-wise, what else do you think MZ could use to be more modern and practical?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes to all of the above.

If the next iteration of RM isn't a radical step in the right direction in the backend, I'll probably be bowing out of RPG Maker.

My JABS plugin is a living and breathing demonstration of why RM should natively support basically all the stuff you've listed, most especially multi-file (a subfolder for each plugin?) support. I'm also pretty surprised that when MZ came out in the late summer of 2020(!!!) it was still using basically the same underlying core code that MV uses- with the exception of their borked implementation of the particle engine for animations.

Why didn't they at least rewrite it into TypeScript?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parkji