Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For the first time in a long while, I tried to write a post on my mobile, and I encountered some very annoying things that made it borderline torture to do it.

Whenever I pressed the [Back] or [Enter] key on the virtual keyboard, the virtual keyboard closed itself, and I had to click on the message box to bring it up again.
I tried several other sites, and this is the only one with this issue.

Just tried it again here, and the [Enter] key always hides the keyboard, the [Back] key sometimes won't hide it, but it will always hide it if I press it on an empty line.
To clarify it, the [Back] key is the one used to delete the last letter typed, and the [Enter] key is used to start a new line.

Am I the only one getting this or is it a known issue? Just came back to this forum after a long hiatus, so no idea about the recent happenings here.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I get the same thing. But also welcome back Sixth! Always good to see a familiar face.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes it indeed closes the keyboard after deleting one letter or space, its extremely annoying to say the least...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don’t have that issue - never noticed it and just tested both. Maybe it’s phone type? I have iphone.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use an android phone, so yeah, maybe it's the different OS.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No, it's not an OS thing, as I have Android and do lots of phone posts and I don't have that problem.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe phone browser version? I use chrome.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use Safari.

@Sixth Please don't think I'm trying to say "Because it doesn't happen to me, it's not a problem." I'm just trying to throw stuff out to see if perhaps the problem can be pinpointed.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know, no worries.

I'm using chrome too. Typing on my mobile now, making sure I double check everything to avoid pressing the problematic buttons. :D

It can also be the type of the virtual keyboard used. I know most mobiles come with more than one type, and the user can also install custom ones. I'm using my default LG keyboard.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have this same problem and I had to refresh the page for this to stop happening. Chrome and android too. It triggers at random too. It is so annoying. Maybe changing to desktop site will fix it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tehweasel