Wrong Equipment Penalty

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by orcywoo6, May 28, 2016.

1. orcywoo6

orcywoo6 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I've searched for such a plugin or an alternative way to accomplish this but unfortunately haven't been able to find anything.

Basically, what I'm wanting to do is allow any actor to equip any equipment regardless of class but if they are using something that is majorly unsuitable for them, a penalty to be applied to their stats.

The only alternative I can think of is making sure equipments are perfectly tailored to their intended class but high base stats obviously become a factor later in the game.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. DreamX

DreamX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Try using Yanfly's Auto Passive States. Make a state(s) that have a condition that the actor is wearing something unsuitable. It'll need some javascript but shouldnt be too bad.

3. orcywoo6

orcywoo6 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ah that sound more or less exactly what I'm looking for actually, I'll give that a go and let you know how it works out, thanks.

4. Halrawk

Halrawk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This seems to be right up your alley, allows you to assign weapon damage bonuses/penalties

Yanflys Auto Passives could also do what you're looking for, and more, but figured I'd show you some options :)