Wrong image on event change

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by ninja_tom, Nov 17, 2016.

1. ninja_tom

ninja_tom Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So I have an event whose image is a Slime. I can change its image by setting self switch A. I have a second page that shows a defeated slime. After looting the enemy I have a third page that has no image.

Occasionally (like say 10-20% of the time) I see a defeated image for a different enemy!

I have selected Damage3 (middle slime one). Sometimes I see an image from Defeated3 again but it is the purple thing with horns.

Any ideas?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    it depends on the direction the event turns to, you need to check direction fix to prevent that

3. ninja_tom

First Language:
    English
    Oh, I think that matches what I am seeing. Can you give me more detail on why it is doing it that way? I will make sure to check the box though - thanks!

4. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When an event changes graphics, it usually keeps looking in the direction it was doing so before. But in some cases, like yours, where a direction means a graphic, that change means a different image appears. Direction Fix prevents that.

5. Dad3353

Dad3353 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

An NPC in a classic Game, when addressed by the Hero, will turn to face the Hero so as to converse. This appears to be quite natural, and is a Good Thing. However, if one is using these same Sprites for another use (in your case, a static 'Alive/Defeated/Gone' mode...), this 'natural' turning toward the Hero presents an unwanted Sprite, where the 'Facing the Hero' would normally be on the Sprite sheet. The solution, as mentioned above, is to inform the Event that this 'turning to face the Hero' is not required, by selecting the 'Direction Fix' option.

6. ninja_tom

First Language:
    English
    Ah, thanks for the explanation - that makes sense now. 

Dad3353 likes this.