Wrong tileset displayed in editor, but fine in-game? [RPG Maker VX]

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all, first time poster here. Sorry for any issues, I am not a particularly techy guy, but I am looking for some help. I am working on a project, where I am recreating a game initially made on VX (not ace) to MV by hand.

However, I am coming across an issue where in the editor, the wrong tileset appears to be displayed. When the game is loaded up and played, there are no visual issues, but when editing and looking at maps, the tiles are for completely different sets. I only have basic experience with MV, so I am unsure as to what is causing the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

Lud-Draws

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you're playtesting, are you pressing Continue or New Game? That may be an issue, since pressing Continue would still have the map appear as it did before (assuming that's what it used to look like in the editor).

Thanks for showing pictures, it's a huge help! Is the playtest screenshot on the right from VX as well?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Lud, thanks for the reply! When I playtest the game, I've used the "Continue" option on the main menu. And the playtest screenshot is also from VX, to answer your second question. I'll try out a new game and see how that is.

Another thing to note, was upon doing some digging in the files, I found a folder within the Graphics/System folder labelled "extra-tiles" and upon switching out one of the TileA5 picture from this folder with the one within the "extra_tiles" folder, I managed to get some of the intended tiles within the editor. Please see the picture for some more clarification, as I managed to get the bed and carpet working. Thanks!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koshibari