StratumChecker

Villager
Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all, first time poster here. Sorry for any issues, I am not a particularly techy guy, but I am looking for some help. I am working on a project, where I am recreating a game initially made on VX (not ace) to MV by hand.

However, I am coming across an issue where in the editor, the wrong tileset appears to be displayed. When the game is loaded up and played, there are no visual issues, but when editing and looking at maps, the tiles are for completely different sets. I only have basic experience with MV, so I am unsure as to what is causing the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
 

Attachments

  • RPG Maker VX Game project to MV (2).png
    RPG Maker VX Game project to MV (2).png
    573.9 KB · Views: 10

Lud-Draws

Villager
Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you're playtesting, are you pressing Continue or New Game? That may be an issue, since pressing Continue would still have the map appear as it did before (assuming that's what it used to look like in the editor).

Thanks for showing pictures, it's a huge help! Is the playtest screenshot on the right from VX as well?
 

StratumChecker

Villager
Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Lud, thanks for the reply! When I playtest the game, I've used the "Continue" option on the main menu. And the playtest screenshot is also from VX, to answer your second question. I'll try out a new game and see how that is.

Another thing to note, was upon doing some digging in the files, I found a folder within the Graphics/System folder labelled "extra-tiles" and upon switching out one of the TileA5 picture from this folder with the one within the "extra_tiles" folder, I managed to get some of the intended tiles within the editor. Please see the picture for some more clarification, as I managed to get the bed and carpet working. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • RPG Maker VX Game project to MV (3).png
    RPG Maker VX Game project to MV (3).png
    408.4 KB · Views: 2

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
110,607
Messages
1,054,673
Members
143,736
Latest member
EmBee
Top