IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Abandoned Highway level of my Incognito Cat-Girl Battle Machines Game! (In Progress :LZYwink:) I added an unique aspect to the battles, that being the inanimate object enemies. There are Fire Barrels, Toxic Waste and the Boom a Box. Each can be attacked just as normal enemies but do not attack the players. Instead they cause status effects on their allies, especially when destroyed by the player. I also added a bloodlust state to enemies that makes them attack both friend and foe alike during battle.
Credits to @Yanfly Plugins such as the SV Battler, Turn Order Display, Weapon Animations! Me-Wow!
Credits to @Avery and @hiddenone for making some of the generator parts my enemies are made up of!
Music is from the 8-Bit Perfect Collection DLC. Other plugins used - Foreground plugin and OuterSelfSwitch Plugin.
I would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions and yes, even criticisms, to make this better.
On a side note: My Mech Battlers will have the Cat-Girls in them one day. I have not completed them which is why they are empty at the moment. :LZYwink:

Shake0615

Reanimator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the idea since it adds an interesting strategic element to battle. I love the mutation from the toxic waste! However, I think the whole concept would be more effective if you could remove the icon from the battle order and change the background so that the barrels blend in more. In the video, it looks too obvious that the player is intended to hit the barrel which takes away from the excitement of discovering a tactical advantage on your own. Definitely a clever little system though.

IguanaGuy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shake0615 Oh, I see what you mean there. If there were no icon, then it wouldn't be "attack bait" for the player. I will have to look into hiding the turn icon for that enemy, if the plugin even allows for exceptions like that.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Hey... You never had a tread about your game here? o_O

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Destroying the explodable barrel to make enemies receive damage......good idea.

Da music.....ohhhhh....

Da sprites.....yeah.

IguanaGuy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KayZaman - some of the sprite parts are made from Avery/Hiddenone's stuff they have for the generator, so no exclusive content. Music is from the "8 Bit perfect collection" which is all retro sounding stuff and I like it too! There may be a summer sale on steam so picking that up then would be a good idea.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png
Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRADRIEN