Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi there,

sooo I'm all in for horror survival point and click - but - I have not played Clock Tower :) I had a quick look into a let's play (though I'm not sure it was the version you reference to) but altogether, comparing your game to a game I don't know does not give me a lot of information of how your game will be and I could imagine, that others might feel the same. I'm sorry if that sounded a bit harsh.

The plot you describe is good enough for me to work as a teaser, but I have quite a few questions on the gameplay that might help me get a better Idea of what to expect from your game. What kind of puzzles can we expect from your game, is it a form of minigame or is it more like classic point and click - find items while you're exploring and combine them? What makes the survival part of your game other than hiding from the killer? Do we have resources to maintain (health, sanity, hunger?)

Do you plan to add additional features to your game that differ from clock tower? (Still... I could not compare it but maybe it's interesting information for those who have played it.)

TheNewSon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
N/A
-x-

Last edited:

Lemonrice

Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

I really like the cross chapter interaction, it gives you so many options to place secrets, have the player pay attention to the level and remember things or even write things down. If you don't pay attention, you could block a hiding spot for the daughter while moving a heavy object or maybe you remember, that there was a hidden passage blocked by some large rubble...

Also, changing the stalker with every chapter is a good idea, especially when their behavior changes. There is nothing more boring than just jumping into a hiding spot - no matter which one - and get away with that. However I highly enjoy having a learning curve... like learning that the stalker from Chapter 3 actually looks under the bed and things like that. But I wonder, how does that fit with your story? You said the girl witnessed the murderer (wearing a mask) who then chases after her but she (and her parents) get chased by different enemies every chapter. Are they metaphors or reflections of their fears (like in Silent Hill, the enemies would reflect the fears of the people trapped in Silent Hill)? Or do they change whenever they discover more about the murderer, so the enemies become more and more the image of the murderer?

I think the chasing and hiding sequences can be your biggest game breaker, if they are not executed well or not balanced well or don't have proper feedback... The last thing you want is people to get annoyed whenever the enemy shoes up because it is too frequent or it is unclear why they have been found or caught.

TheNewSon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
N/A
-x-

Last edited:

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That sounds creepy and cool. ^_^ Does the girl know she has this psychic sense, or does she fear she is going crazy? When the parents are confronted with rooms appearing etc. do they then accept that something supernatural is going on, or do they think they are all succumbing to some mental disorder or being drugged to have hallucinations?

TheNewSon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
N/A
-x-

Last edited:

Lemonrice

Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't worry too much about art in the beginning. Focus on your main gameplay feature, create a prototype and see if it works and is fun. It can be frustrating to have a lot of art and dialogue created just to find out, that the gameplay is not really what you want it to be and you end up scrapping everything. I hope it won't happen :) Actually a lot of devs start out with a throwaway prototype (throwaway because it's to test setups and systems and usually ends up being a huge frankenstein before you know how to properly set up everything)

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It seems like the kind of small, contained game where you wouldn't need the artist to make that many characters, right? And if the servants all have the same male or female uniform, that further simplifies what you're asking for.

TheNewSon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
N/A
-x-

Last edited:

TheNewSon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
N/A
-x-

Last edited:

TheNewSon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
N/A
-x-

Last edited:

Lemonrice

Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting, from your gameplay description I would have imagined a more bulky man ^^

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheNewSon I've restored your first post to its last version. In the future, please don't clear your posts (for more than an hour) while making edits. Just leave your work up, and submit the new version when you're ready to. Thanks.

TheNewSon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
N/A
-x-

Last edited:

TheOneEyedOne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I miss the days of point and click horror games. That sounds amazing ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

First Person Combat Test Video. Simply showing off a very early concept video for an open world 3D game in MV.
I spent ages to make this image and still dont like it.. How would you showcase a bunch of levels/maps in one single image?
Thank you all angels so much! I've received fanarts, fanfics, song cover, and Ko-fis and such wonderful messages already! T uT Look at this message I'm crying (Ko-fi was being mean saying it was anonymous but she was like nooo it's me and showed me).
Working on using DreamX's prefix suffix plugin to create unidentified weapons, armor and sellable loot. The weapons and armor will always draw from the highest tier you have the ability to create, keeping them relevant throughout most of the game. The loot is going to be the fun part! Let's just say I doubt I'll have any unused item entries
... I updated an enemy I drew last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetime9032