XAS ABS Bypass Game Over Issue

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by RainbowGrenade, Sep 19, 2014.

1. RainbowGrenade

RainbowGrenade Paint Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm creating a game on Ace using XAS ABS (Which you can find at http://xasabs.wordpress.com/,) and I'm having an annoying issue.  I'm using a game over common event script (found here: http://grimoirecastle.wordpress.com/rgss3-scripts/utility-scripts/game-over-common-event/) to essentially respawn the main character in the event of death in the dungeon.  The problem I'm encountering is that when you die, the XAS script calls for the caracter sprite to change and then fade away.  This would be fine, exept for the fact that when I try to turn off the transparency with an event, nothing happens.  You can still "play" the game, but the sprite is completely invisible, aside from the shadow.

I've searched online for answers, but I don't think anyone else has encountered this problem.  At they haven't posted anything about it online.  I would go to the XAS website, but it's been all but dead for a long time.  I'll attatch a copy of the main XAS script below.  If anyone is willing to scan through it to try and advise me on a solution, I'd really appreciate it.  I've tried searching for keywords in the script, but since I'm next to useless with ruby, I can't really make heads or tails of it.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

XAS Main Script.txt

Attached Files:

2. Milena

Milena The woman of many questions Veteran

First Language:
    Irish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So you want a respawn solution or event solution?

3. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I thinks this is the respawn solution xD

OP :  you mean the character will fade away? 

this things who affect the character opacity is the Character class if I remember 

RainbowGrenade likes this.
  4. RainbowGrenade

RainbowGrenade Paint Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Aha!  You saying 'opacity' reminded me of seeing the option for that under move route. Problem solved!  I can't believe  I didn't think of that before.