Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just finished getting some nice sprites for my new game that's using the XAS (Xiderowg Action System) for the two playable characters, the main hero kid and his friend-that's-a-girl, but after I put them into the game I realized that the equipped weapon or shield doesn't show when you attack or block unless you use the default actors (who also happen to be a boy and a girl). So, is there any workaround for this? I want to be original with this game and not just go with the defaults because people might get turned off or bored, and not feel a connection to the characters (it's a very story/character-driven game), but I also need the sword/shield/throwing animations. If anyone has any ideas on what to do or if there are any other sprites with these animations that will work with XAS, I'd really appreciate any help. I hope I'm posting in the right forum for this, searched around and couldn't find anything more applicable, but mods do move this if it should be moved.

The defaults:

$Hero_Swd01.PNG $Alice_Rod.PNG

(let me know if they would be too boring/unoriginal in the game)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Moving this to RPG Maker VXACE Support.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcaneEli

Mage of Thunder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To Original, personally I don't like using normal sprites. But it's based on what u want not others.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D
I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?
Another Friday and another Zoom call that could have been an email. Working from home is awesome.
Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
punisama