HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so it's been a very long time since I've posted here, but I'll try and make this as clear as possible.
I've been working with a partner on a game that requires an ABS for various features. We had initially considered Falcao Pearl, however, there were many benefits to going with XAS which I won't detail here because it's not hugely relevant. The one thing we did prefer from Falcao Pearl was the increased number of skill slots.

In this example, there are 9 slots that can be used.
With XAS, there are far less.

XAS only has 4 slots, one for each type.
There is only one skill displayed, but the ideal amount for the game is 3. It's a bit of a hindrance to open a separate screen during the battle every time the player wants to use a different skill. I made some form of progress with it, but I only managed to duplicate the skill exactly instead of having a different one in each slot. Hopefully someone who knows RGSS3 slightly better than I do is able to add this function.

Lastly, here are some links to each script:
https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/8809-falcao-pearl-abs-liquid-v3-update/ (Just in case)

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rgss3-xiderowg-action-system-xas/

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It was suggested that I explain what I did so far (even though it's probably wrong) so that hopefully people can just build off of what I did.
Basically, I went into the two sections titled "Tool HUD" and "Quick Tool Select" and duplicated all of the lines having to do with skills. I also temporarily disabled the weapon slot so that the second skill slot can show up. There's probably something I need to do elsewhere, but I can't seem to figure out the location in the scripts that would change which skill is present.

Last edited:

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is getting dangerously low on the page, so bumppity bump.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll give this another bump. I edited my above post with what I tried to do, so hopefully that gets people on the right track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porkipon