GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
When I found this I was amazed, like the scripts the site does are so advanced and extremely hard,but I am enjoying the challenge even if the tutorials for it leave out so much info I am actually having alot of fun. While I am not sure that learning xasabs will do me any good since it seems the project may or may not be abandoned and that will make it hard to contact for permission to release the game free or commercial usage.Can I ask what your opinions on xasabs is? 

Also I yet again did not understand where to put this topic I seen scripting tutorial sections but unless I missed something I seen no general script discussion so I did the next closest topic since it is considered game development. 

You can find the site here

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the site is from moghunter and get abandonned by the owner because he don't script for xp anymore  he script for ace now

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
XAS ABS stands for Xiderowg Action System Action Battle System.

The latest version for each RM :-

- XP is v3.91.

- VX is v1.0.

- VX Ace is v0.6. (still works pretty well)

Quote from the xasabs site :-

"Using this system you can create games like The Legend of Zelda, Alundra, Ys, Terraenigma and Secret of Mana, make items like potions, bombs and spells, shields and swords … in fact there is no limit to the kind of items you can create!"

Features:-

- Real-time on-map battle.

- Tool system such as "shooting" and "pick & throw", 

- dynamic animation system

- dynamic sprites (you will have to provide the graphics for it)

- combo system

- animated HUD

I have not used this system extensively, so I will not be able to comment much. Try out the demo to see what it can do.

If you were using VX Ace, there are other scripts that have this kind of system as well.

Although Xiderowg was the original creator of the script, it was later on updated and adopted by Moghunter.

According to Moghunter's website, you are allowed to use all scripts located on his site in both commercial and non-commercial projects. SInce the XAS is also located on his website, it would be safe to assume that it can be used for both types of projects as well.

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ahh I see it is indeed a challenging script as well it doesn't have a very detailed tutorial I am still learning the tool creation I will keep trying though.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, if it's got tutorials, then it's probably best in Learning Ruby and RGSS, so I'll move it over there :)

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
According to Moghunter's website, you are allowed to use all scripts located on his site in both commercial and non-commercial projects. SInce the XAS is also located on his website, it would be safe to assume that it can be used for both types of projects as well.
There is an issue that  Xiderowg can not be contacted, thus he wasn't asked for any commercial use of a derivative script, based on his own.

It seems Xiderowg just wants attribution, (give vredits) but it was a dead end when I did my research for XAS.

What it seems is not what it is after all.

I would love to know if there are more info

This is NOT Moghunter's site.

http://xasabs.wordpress.com/about/

Moghunter's site is this:

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/About.html

So... wait a minute... oh my GOD!

He has Terms but let's ask moghunter again just ot make sure.

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px]Xiderowg's japanese site is the following:[/SIZE]

http://xrxs.at-ninja.jp/about.htm

CAN SOMEONE TRANSLATE TERMS ON THIS PROPERLY? (GOOGLE FAILS) 

It seems that my research might come to a conclusion after a year! :)

Oh wait! @Slimmmeiske! Of course!

I will send a request!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!
Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TecoSolip