Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to use my game/test my game with the Xbox 360 controller because I think it is so cool. However, before I start putting down key button actions I don't want to screw the game up. (Such as replacing the action button with something else and therefor you can no longer talk to NPCS etc)

If I set "Next page" for giving items the buttons are 'A" plus "RB" held on the controller at the same time. Easy enough.

Dash is "Shift" but I kinda wanted to use it for something else such as "Jump" or bring up a "Journal entry" or whatever I want.

If I replace those two buttons with a different function will this create any future problems? Trying to do this without plugins so please don't suggest any. Scripts are fine as long as I don't have to download anything from anywhere.

sonny12681

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Try using a Steam controller. There is no plugin or coding needed to use it. I just discovered that right now when testing my game.

Attachments

• 81oyj8wrlCL._AC_.jpg
    81oyj8wrlCL._AC_.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 4

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nbayoungboy