[XDE] xDGameStudios Engine - CodeLanguage (NEW v2.0)

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
XDE_CodeLanguage - v2.0
xDGameStudios

Introduction
Lets you implement a coded language much like the one seen in FFX (Al Bhed). You specify a mapping for each letter/number in the
plugin properties window and if the plugin is activated all the message window text will get translated with their characters being mapped into the new characters. For example:

H --> K
e --> t
l --> o
o --> r

Hello ---(will become)---> Ktoor

this way you can make a language that can be learned over time as you collect pieces of dictionary.. or forgotten if you had an amnesia.

For a more in depth example:

"CodeLanguage Learn 1 H" (plugin command) will make the plugin stop encoding the (original) letter "H"  for the language number 1
(this means the original H will the shown)

Hello ---(will become)---> Htoor

Features

All the help is provided in the help section of the plug in. Here is a copy of that section:

Code:
========================================================================
 Help

This plugin will implement a coded encrypted language similar to the one
 found in FFX with Al Bhed. You can edit the alpha and numeric mappings,
 as well as configure the color of the encrypted text. For using multiple
 languages separate values with comma "," (NO quotations) and NO spaces.

Example:

Parameter: Letter "A"
 Value: e,t,u,g

Language 1 will encode A --> e
 Language 2 will encode A --> t
 Language 3 will encode A --> u
 Language 4 will encode A --> g

Plugin Commands

CodeLanguage Learn X Y (learns the letter Y of language X).

CodeLanguage LearnAll X (learns all letters from language X).

CodeLanguage Forget X Y (forgets the letter Y of language X).

CodeLanguage LearnAll X (forgets all letters from language X).

CodeLanguage Enable X (turns coding ON - fot language X).

CodeLanguage Disable (turns coding OFF).

Updates History

1.0: Initial Release
 2.0: This "huge" update will let you set variables languages and turn
      them on and off as you please.

*/

NOTE: the language ID is 1 based!! starts in [1] ...goes till... [n]

Screenshots

None at the time being.

How to Use
Put plugin in the plugin folder and add it to your project.
The place shouldn't be a problem.

Script

[Download Script Here] ---> v2.0 (NEW)

Update 2.0
Multiple languages supported! :)  

Terms of Usage
Free to use both on non-commercial and commercial games, give credit to author "xDGameStudios" and notify me of your game so I know where my plugin is being used (a demo would be appreciated  :)  ).

Credit and Thanks
xDGameStudios

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give more of an explanation as to what this script does. "Like XYZ game" is never descriptive enough, because you are making the assumption that everyone has played and is familiar with that game.

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
v1.1 Some updates explained in the OP! :)

If for some reason mapping is working wrong please let me know... some people said to me that the

mapping is off :/ "A" is mapping to coded "B" for example. I'm trying to understand where is the problem!

SpookySoul

Resonating Soul, Deep In Thoughts
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Great plugin, works great for me!

I was wondering if you could add a way to have multiple coded languages/sets. In my game, I want to have different kinds of races, each with it's own language.

Like:

"A" = z, k, o,...

• Set 1: A ---> z
  • Set 2: A ---> k
  • Set 3: A ---> o
  • And so on...

Would something like that be doable?

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Great plugin, works great for me!

I was wondering if you could add a way to have multiple coded languages/sets. In my game, I want to have different kinds of races, each with it's own language.

Like:

"A" = z, k, o,...

• Set 1: A ---> z
  • Set 2: A ---> k
  • Set 3: A ---> o
  • And so on...

Would something like that be doable?

It is possible yes but it may become confusing to use.. I'll do it never the less :)

SpookySoul

Resonating Soul, Deep In Thoughts
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much! You saved me!  :)

S_Rank_Crazy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a similar plugin, it has support for multiple languages and some other bits:

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is it possible for this to work on the player character names in menus and such? Works in all the message windows great, but the player character  name stays the same when listed in most menu scenes.

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Player characters names can be encoded too, but only the ones that display in the name box (used in Yanfly's plugin)!! I removed that functionality, but I can make it optional  :)
Multiple language will be up till the end of the day!! Keep in mind that I live in Portugal (here it's 1p.m) xD

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Player characters names can be encoded too, but only the ones that display in the name box (used in Yanfly's plugin)!! I removed that functionality, but I can make it optional  :)
Multiple language will be up till the end of the day!! Keep in mind that I live in Portugal (here it's 1p.m) xD
Aye, the names in Yanfly's name box works great also. So what you are saying is that you could make it optional for it work on the player character names in status screens and such? If so that would be awesome! But no hurry. If not then no worries I can work around it. :) Thanks!!

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Aye, the names in Yanfly's name box works great also. So what you are saying is that you could make it optional for it work on the player character names in status screens and such? If so that would be awesome! But no hurry. If not then no worries I can work around it. :) Thanks!!
Only name boxes for now!! One thing at a time! :p

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Only name boxes for now!! One thing at a time! :p
No hurry here :)

v1.1 Some updates explained in the OP! :)

If for some reason mapping is working wrong please let me know... some people said to me that the

mapping is off :/ "A" is mapping to coded "B" for example. I'm trying to understand where is the problem!
I believe I have found the problem. When item Scope setting is set to None, then the next letter is learned ( no matter what letter it is A will teach B, D will teach E). Any other settings they work fine.   Hope this helps.

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
No hurry here :)

I believe I have found the problem. When item Scope setting is set to None, then the next letter is learned ( no matter what letter it is A will teach B, D will teach E). Any other settings they work fine.   Hope this helps.

On my part this doesn'a happend... it as to do with the plugins you have installed.... try it with a project with only this plugin and let me know!!

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
On my part this doesn'a happend... it as to do with the plugins you have installed.... try it with a project with only this plugin and let me know!!
Ok, I got it, I think. Yanfly's Item Core. Without it nothing happens.Screenshot (45).png

Once I install Yanfly's Item Core above or below (CodeLanguage Plugin) everything works great (excluding Scope none).

Screenshot (46).png

I had to go back and watch Driftwoods tutorial on your plugin to see what plugins he was using.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDoTcAJY1vY He also had Yanfly's Item core on.

Maybe something to do with nonindependent item I don't know. If anything else I can do let me know.

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Updated the plugin right now!!! Wrong file a while ago sorry! :)

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Aye , works above or below, Yanfly's Item Core. Just doesn't work without it. No problem here though, because I am using it, but you might wanna state that in dependencies maybe? just  a thought. Thanks again for the three wonderful plugins of yours that I am using in my project. keep up the awesome work!

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Aye , works above or below, Yanfly's Item Core. Just doesn't work without it. No problem here though, because I am using it, but you might wanna state that in dependencies maybe? just  a thought. Thanks again for the three wonderful plugins of yours that I am using in my project. keep up the awesome work!

?!?! My plugin doesn't work WITHOUT the ItemCore?! or doesn't work WITH it?!
It works never the less for what I know the problem is that the letters are screwed up!! And here on my computer everything is working!! with and without the ItemCore.

It works maybe it doesn't work the way you want it to work... if you create a common event for each item and call it separately it works ;)  for example!! if you want to use <info eval> then you have to have it!!... or you can simply have my ItemEvent plugin do it!

Code:
<Item Event Lose>
	$gameVariable.setValue(id, number);
</Item Event Lose>
where id is the variableId used by driftwood... and number is the identification.
Then call the common event!! like Driftwood does... or make it so talking to an even will automatically  make you learn the Letter.

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have been using Unicode and I believe that is what is the issue with Yanfly's Item core. Works just fine with out it now.

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I have been using Unicode and I believe that is what is the issue with Yanfly's Item core. Works just fine with out it now.

Unicode?! Don't know what you mean by that is that an Plugin Option or something?! I work on a Mac, can it be because of that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."
Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Standanddeliver