Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
xenothedestroyerblack.png

Hello, guys! I am very proud to announce that my first serious game made in RPG Maker has been finished! I genuinely hope you guys enjoy it, short as it is. :kaothx:

xenosynopsisblack.png
Xeno is a man that just wants to cause havoc. After pouring blood, sweat, and tears into his latest plan, he plans to spread the word of his takeover by any means necessary. However, the only flaw in his master scheme is vivid to the eyes of others: Himself. Being an incompetent villain and kindhearted young man, Xeno would be the last person one expects to dawn a long cape and traverse down the opposite road most choose for an adventure. However, that's exactly what he does, which is where his hijinx involving his surroundings ensues. Accompanied by his cat Timothy, who can now speak due to technological enhancements, Xeno sets forth to advertise his eventual conquest, meeting new faces along the way.

Expectations
When playing this game, you are in for an immensely short experience. The game's not too long whatsoever if you refuse to interact with any NPCs more than you have to or see what Xeno has to say about almost everything. In total, you should only really be playing the game if you check everything out for about 30 minutes. That being said, if you do choose to interact with the NPCs and see Xeno's thoughts on his surroundings, then there's lots of that to be found to make the game more enjoyable to play. Finally, despite being made in RPG Maker with a plot that sounds like it'll involve lots of fighting, there are no battles to be found here. Xeno is too scared to hurt anyone.

Gameplay
The gameplay involves mostly doing small, quick tasks, as the majority of the game itself is situated in character interaction with Xeno and other people. Many of the individuals Xeno talks too aren't too fond of him due to past experiences involving him and the village, and will not hesitate to show this. There are only three tasks to complete during the course of the game, with no sidequests or minigames on the side. These tasks are all extremely short, with the second task being the longest, but not by much. This story follows a more "Visual-Novel"-esque approach, being more laid back in its presentation and containing little fighting. Furthermore, the game includes several little details found only within text that I hope players will enjoy.

xenothepeepsblack.png
Xeno
Xeno (pronounced ZEE-NO) is a youthful individual, who thrives on striking fear into the hearts of others. At least, that's what he thinks he is. In actuality, Xeno is rather terrible as a "supervillain", and is quite lacking in the cruelty departments as well. With a simple-minded world view and kindhearted nature, Xeno seeks to make the public think otherwise of him for reasons unknown.

Timothy
Timothy is Xeno's pet cat. A wise and seasoned feline, Timothy will not hesitate to give Xeno words of advice (not that he'd end up listening, of course).

Mysterious Woman
Oooo. She's a secret!

imagesblack.png

Xeno Screen1.PNG
Xeno Screen2.PNG
XenoScreen3.PNG

xenodownloadblack.png

Additional Info
  • Credits are both in-game at the menu and in the credits.txt file!
  • Please let me know if you find any bugs and/or missing credits! :>
  • Thank you so so much for checking this game out!

Last edited:

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the game that you have made so far, although it could use a bit of polish. Here are some of my thoughts.
  • I would slow the text speed of the intro passage so it can allow people read it without rushing through the text
  • Based on your game description you said you weren’t going to have battles. I think you should the non combat menu plugin by mjshi https://mjshi.weebly.com/mv-non-combat-menu.html
  • This is just an opinion but the walls seem too high at 3 tiles high. Maybe you could do 2 tiles high, it seems just right for me anyway.
  • I would raise the Frequency of purple haired girl and the clown or slow them down a bit.
  • I like how Xeno is just a wannabe villain but is actually a nice guy with his mannerisms with others
  • The mapping in this game seem too boxy, I’m not a great mapper myself, but maybe you cpuld look up some tutorials to make the maps look less boxy.
  • Near the end when Xeno is stating he doesn’t need to leave, you should have a move path move him up so it feels like he is turning around.
  • During the interrogation you could use Hime Works Disable Choice Selection you don’t repeat dialogue threads. http://himeworks.com/2015/10/disabled-choice-conditions/
The game left off on a bit of a cliffhanger, would be a continuation of this or is this the beta version?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the game that you have made so far, although it could use a bit of polish. Here are some of my thoughts.
  • I would slow the text speed of the intro passage so it can allow people read it without rushing through the text
  • Based on your game description you said you weren’t going to have battles. I think you should the non combat menu plugin by mjshi https://mjshi.weebly.com/mv-non-combat-menu.html
  • This is just an opinion but the walls seem too high at 3 tiles high. Maybe you could do 2 tiles high, it seems just right for me anyway.
  • I would raise the Frequency of purple haired girl and the clown or slow them down a bit.
  • I like how Xeno is just a wannabe villain but is actually a nice guy with his mannerisms with others
  • The mapping in this game seem too boxy, I’m not a great mapper myself, but maybe you cpuld look up some tutorials to make the maps look less boxy.
  • Near the end when Xeno is stating he doesn’t need to leave, you should have a move path move him up so it feels like he is turning around.
  • During the interrogation you could use Hime Works Disable Choice Selection you don’t repeat dialogue threads. http://himeworks.com/2015/10/disabled-choice-conditions/
Wow! Thank you so much for the critique of my game! ;v; I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give me your honest thoughts. I had no idea those plugins existed, either. Thank you so much! :kaothx:

The game left off on a bit of a cliffhanger, would be a continuation of this or is this the beta version?

I actually never intended to make a sequel to this; I wanted to keep it small and light for my first RPGMaker game. Now that I've given it some thought though, I may make a continuation, but for now, I want to stray away and focus on other projects. :> Thanks so much for asking, though! :kaojoy:I really appreciate it! \3v3/

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The next JABS update will include ally AI and an aggro system.

Question:
What would YOU expect to happen if you had four+ party members in an ABS, all fighting either together or separately or a mix of the two, and the player hits "swap leader" button?
It currently pulls all followers to the player's location, removes all aggro towards enemies, and swaps them.
Time to wear a new face again...

Should keep things interesting huh? @EpicFILE :p
unknown.png

Been feeling that my characters spent too much time exploring caves, so I figured it was time to explore abandoned keeps instead.
Did you had some minor hitches with RMMZ? Come report to my topic where I did the same! [Just another rant from a RM veteran + Suggestions and Solutions] All opinions are welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artturia