RMMZ Xenogears / Super Mario RPG / Legend of Dragoon - battle system

Arpy_G

JRPGs are life
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I don't know the name of the style of battle system it is, but Xenogears, Super Mario RPG , and Legend of Dragoon all had it - It's the kind where each battler has to press a certain array of buttons in time to the movements of the attack or even magic skill in order to drastically increase the damage of said attack or magic skill, and in some cases, to even successfully complete the technique at all. It's definitely aimed for controller style gameplay, and less so than mouse and keyboard, but hey, I'm a controller guy.

Are there any plugins like that for RPG Maker MZ? If not, it's a good idea for a future plugin yeah? I always thought it added to the interactive gameplay of it all.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!
It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyelliott