ximenia

XENOミゼル
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone, I'm Xim. I'm rather new to the community but I've decided to try my hand at making tiles. 

Here are some examples.

GothicDresser.pngGothyBed.pngLargeStairs.pngLongTable.pngSofa.png SofaBrighter.pngGothybedBrighter.pngChandelier attempt1.pngDresserRoses.png

And my first tileset

tileBGothy.png

Rules for Requests:

• I will only take 5 requests at a time
  • I will try to go down the line, but if something peaks my interest more I might prioritize it. No hard feelings.
  • You may only request one tile at a time, if you are interested in a set PM me and we might be able to work something out.
  • I have the right to reject any request
  •  
  • Be patient -I work full time and I have my own games to work on as well, if I have free time I'll probably get your tiles done quickly, but it could take a couple weeks.
  •  
  • My work can be used in both commercial and non commercial projects, however if it is a commercial project please PM me first. I retain all rights to any work I do here and can and might release anything made here as a free resource.

• Do not post my work anywhere else without my approval.

• Credit Ximenia.

I try to make all of my tiles in a way that they will work alongside RTP tiles.

Request Form:

• Tile description
  • Reference Picture if you have one.
  • Any specific size requirments
  • Any Additional Info
Current Requests:

Last edited by a moderator:

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
hey great work at making tiles :D

but the tiles seems to be dark themed? (seriously dark) , is that your style?

i think it would look better if you increased the brightness so its easier to tell /see things

ximenia

XENOミゼル
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These tiles are meant for a dark/gothy setting, I can do brighter, it just wasn't what I was going for with these.

ximenia

XENOミゼル
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hey great work at making tiles :D

but the tiles seems to be dark themed? (seriously dark) , is that your style?

i think it would look better if you increased the brightness so its easier to tell /see things

I put up some brighter versions of those for you.

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Wow~

I really like your style of tiles, especially like that desk you made  :cutesmile:

Keep it up!  :wub:

MusicalSwordsman

AKA SwampBeast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't take this the wrong way, but i think you need get in there and do a lot more work.

They where created in a Gimp/Photoshop type program right? I say that because the two pieces i saw (sofa, bed) have this gradient effect all over the place, which tells me that you used a blur tool, but i could be wrong.

They have no real definition imo, i think you should work on your line work first.

ximenia

XENOミゼル
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Don't take this the wrong way, but i think you need get in there and do a lot more work.

They where created in a Gimp/Photoshop type program right? I say that because the two pieces i saw (sofa, bed) have this gradient effect all over the place, which tells me that you used a blur tool, but i could be wrong.

They have no real definition imo, i think you should work on your line work first.
thanks for the feedback. These were done in Photoshop. I don't use the blur tool but i do use brushes and a noise filter on the bed to create a fabric texture effect. I thought that with vx style tiles it was supposed to be brush work and not as clean and defined as normal spriting.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It is brush not pixel, you're right, but working this small you still have to be pretty clean.  Do you have a copy of what it looked like before the noise filter?

ximenia

XENOミゼル
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It is brush not pixel, you're right, but working this small you still have to be pretty clean.  Do you have a copy of what it looked like before the noise filter?
Unfortunately no, I merged the layers on the original psd. But it was basically a solid dark red, and I used 3 noise filters, 2 using motion blur in opposite directions and one as a multiply layer in between, the end result is a linen effect, that I will admit looks better when not as small. The bed is definitely my least favorite of my tiles. 

ximenia

XENOミゼル
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I put up a full tileset that I made in the original post, here is a screenshot of most of it.

Tilesetss.png

Neverward

Keeping it trill
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow that's really cool! I love them all together! That stove looks HOT. And your organ is totally killing me.

The only thing I noticed was that your side facing chairs and your vase both look like there's no top perspective of them :o so they're a bit out of place.

What's the tile-set for if you don't mind me asking? :)

ximenia

XENOミゼル
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow that's really cool! I love them all together! That stove looks HOT. And your organ is totally killing me.

The only thing I noticed was that your side facing chairs and your vase both look like there's no top perspective of them :o so they're a bit out of place.

What's the tile-set for if you don't mind me asking? :)
Thanks!

Chairs are not my strong suit lol, and the vase looks better on a table, but yeah it's a bit off.

The tileset isn't really for anything in particular, I just felt like making one.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.
Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit. We've updated the forum rules to confirm this.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WakeNBake