kanyatanishande

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya! I'm new (to the forums at least) and I was wondering if there was a plugin allowing playback of XM modules? I heard someone made a plugin for VX Ace but I use MV (which is why I'm here instead, haha). I'm working on a game and its soundtrack is NES based, and I've been considering making a SNES option of the soundtrack, so if someone could fetch or whip up a small plugin for xm compatibility that would be great! <3

P.S. I'll give helpers a shoutout in my game's credits!!! It's going to be free, of course.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know it's not specifically what you're asking, but there are plenty of free utilities that can convert audio formats, including XM to OGG.

Gigadragon78

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with TT_Turan,converting the file to a playable format is a lot easier. I have seen a lot of plugins and scripts that let you do that but they have several bug so i guess it is a very complex thing to do.

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You best bet is load up your XM player and have it export the track.
Really. Getting XM support into any RPGMaker is pretty much a non starter :)

Even if the one you're using doesn't support it, I'm sure there's one out there that will.
Back in the day, I used FastTracker, and it had an export option.

kanyatanishande

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I can just export to ogg but what's the fun in that?
Also, what's the fun in knowing that what you need is available for a different version of RM than you have? ugh...

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Erm...on the flipside, to the people you're asking for help, where's the "fun" in writing a plugin to do something the user can simply convert in a fraction of the time? :stickytongue:

kanyatanishande

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
now wishing I could delete this entire thread. whatever

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My imagination works faster than my development process. At least, I can take pleasure in treating it as an adventure. :)

I should probably step away from the sparkles... but they're soooooooo shiny! :kaoswt:

Anyway stuff of note:
New interface.
The puzzle pieces now a build a puzzle in the upper right corner.
The Nihil is represented by the line with skulls. That represents where the map no longer exists at the moment.
MarcheBeoulve1 wrote on amerk's profile.
What the hell's up with your Profile Pic!
It's so cursed
Why is parallexing so time-consuming? Ive been at it for 8hrs and i havent even finished the map yet :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScribblyGryphon