XOYLO - Awakening (Religious/Conspiracy Theory/Occult) - Demo Dropbox link

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by LandOfShadows, May 6, 2016.

1. LandOfShadows

LandOfShadows Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi All,

I have created a demo, I haven't used a single plugin, I used RPG Maker MV, and it looks very RPG Maker MV, and I am not too fussed about that.

In fact I am proud, it shows what can be done with the out of the box tool.

I have used graphics from RPG Maker XP (I own a copy and used to make Graphics for it MANY years ago) and created many new items myself, consider my self a pixel artist.

The game has a very old school vibe, I am hoping the game play carries it.

(Warning - Contains ideas that may make you question Religious ideas, has Freemasonic references and conspiracy theory links).

XOYLO – Awakening

The observer (the all seeing eye/God) places you in control of Angel Anan-Ael, who in turn is sent to guide a teen at a pivotal point in time that could see all the realms pulled into one by magic tablets.

Screenshot_2016-05-12-13-48-11.png

4 Tablets, one for each element, and those tablets are entrusted to the parents of the teens you choose from.

==================

Lyn (Meaning Waterfall) – Healer and Water Element

Her mother is drowned in the village raid in a small pond, thrown in with rocks strapped to her.

Djinn (Meaning Bother of Fire) – Offensive combat fire element

His Mum and Dad are burnt at the stake in the village raid.

Craig (Meaning Rock) – Mixture of healing, combat and support earth element

His Dad is impaled on a spike during the village raid.

Solana (Meaning Sunlight) – Support air element

Her Dad is thrown from a cliff edge during the village raid.  Armed with archer bow and is better at distance.

==================

Video Intro for Craig:

(Will make video tutorials on how I made the animation of the death scene).

Depending on who you choose sets you at a different starting town and gives a different perspective on the story to some degree.  You set out looking for answers, find that the Tablets are written in an Angelic/Demonic language and when they are read out it triggers skills to be learnt.  With the tablets in the hands of raiders of your towns, they use a ritual that opens rifts at ley lines across your world bringing monsters and chaos to the land.  There isn’t a full merger of the realms as one of the tablets taken was a fake.

Screenshot_2016-05-12-13-45-18.png

(Custom Made Monsters).

You need to reclaim the tablets, close the ley-lines, find your answers and restore balance to the world…

View attachment 37946

(Custom animation, like carp, butterflies, rainbows, ladybird and waterfall splashes in the above image alone - Can you spot them all ?).

This world however like our own is full of people that thrive in Chaos and aim to benefit from it, look for clues and workout who you can trust and who you shouldn’t, learn the Angelic/Demonic language and unlock mysteries of the Stone Masons while enduring your quest.

(The Demo ends when you attempt to leave the first Island, when you have 4 party members try speaking to residents in towns again for sub quests).

================

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l64cp30kwfvx31l/xoylo-armv7.android.20160504171038.apk?dl=0

To install it you will need to change your settings to allow and install without a trusted certificate.

Please play the demo as I think the real selling point will be the story and game play.

Many thanks in advance.

LoS

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    Zeriab likes this.
  2. LandOfShadows

First Language:
    English
    Hi All,

I know there is a double post rule etc... But wish to give this a bit of a bump.

Post only got approved the other day and feels like it's gone under the radar. :)

Either that or people are blown away and unable to speak or comment at just how amazing or how bad this demo is... either way, after feedback ;)

I compiled the game using Intel IDK following this guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl6EOfeFwbw

It has it's own custom Icon I created.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

LoS

3. MenaKatep

MenaKatep Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't have an android with which to play the game but I'd be willing to take the emulation route. I've never done any android/iOS emulation though so I'm not sure where to go with it. The game looks interesting for sure and I would like to try it out.  ;)

4. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Aaaah!  I just wish Honda would had developed theirs faster.  On the other hands you have to pay double passage to let an android on the bus!

5. LandOfShadows

First Language:
    English
    Hi All,

Something I feel I should make anyone aware of playing this game, I have used actual words passed to me after a near death experience, these words can be used to summon the Jinn (Djinn) and other energies that some would call Angels or Demons.

This is me actually summoning the Djinn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqwOjmZkXy0

And there are links to this occult system throughout the game: http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=33696

The link just given can help with translation of the lanague in the game and glyphs, my site on my experience: https://sites.google.com/site/thexoylo/

For me I don't see the words as dangerous, you would need to use them in a ritualistic way for them to have an effect.

However for those of you that might, you have been warned :D  (Take no responcibility for anything paranormal that may occur while playing or after playing this game).

LoS