alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello friends,

many many years ago, i created some games with RPG Maker 2000/2003. Now I got a license for using the neweset maker MV and i am really happy with that.

As I need some more practise I have a question.

Is it possible to use Char/Chipsets like we used in maker 2003/xp. I dont like the style of MV or VX because everything is a little bit to short. I heared that this should be possible.

Thanks in Advance

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can either do as Archeia suggests, or you can try rescaling the resources to fit MV's proportions. RM2003 assets are particularly easy, as they need to be scaled up to 3 times their original size, and many people find the blockiness to be quite charming. XP's assets are a little harder, as they need to be scaled to 2.5x their original size. Some of the community members have made some tools to assist with rescaling.

alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello both,

thank you very much for the help! Very Great then, I will do it like Archeia suggested :)

Have a nice Weekend

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I hope Game Character Hub will eventually be updated to simplify this. :)  

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
note - "many years ago" there was not a legal English version of RM 2K/2K3.  If your sprites weren't created from scratch but were edits of any of the RM2K/2K3 RTP, you will first need to purchase a legal copy of whichever engine had the resources you modified, before you are allowed to use them in MV.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria