[XP] Changing the Reflected Skill Animation With Blizz Full Reflection

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Tehprince, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Tehprince

Tehprince Someone Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'm using Blizzard's full reflection script as a basic counter-attack script because I can't find any other script that can counter skills. Since the skill that would create the reflect status is meant to be a generic physical counterattack, I want to at least change the animation of the reflected skill to show that.

Here's a link to the script: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=112.0

The script contains a "Reflect animation" number, which is a bit misleading. That number is referring to the animation that is played to show that a skill was reflected, but it plays over the actor, not the enemy battler.

I don't really care too much about the damage calculation, I just want to swap the animation of the skill being reflected.

2. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just tested this in a new project and it works fine. Animation effect was played on enemy battler and the spell cast was reflected onto my actor.

3. Tehprince

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Now that I think of it, this should probably have been posted in script requests.

Yes, the script works fine, but that's not the point.

Example: Enemy casts fire spell on actor 1. The reflect animation plays, and then the skill that was reflected (in this case a fire spell) hits the enemy battler with the fire spell animation. What I want to do is replace the fire spell animation with a different animation that will play no matter which skill is reflected.

The only reason I'm using a script for a reflect spell as a counter-attack skill, is because I could barely find any counter-attack script, much less one that will reflect skills.

4. Heretic86

Heretic86 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engrish
    Blizz didnt put together a Demo for his Reflect script. He also didnt put together any animations at all for it either. I did, and gave him credit for all his work. The demo I put together for his script is in my "collection" (click it for link). There are quite a few maps in the collection, but it is easy to navigate. Just wander around until you get to the Battle Tutorial Map. The Earth Elemental character teaches Reflect as a skill to the party and shows people how to use it. In the editor side, you can examine how it is all set up. Mostly its just configuring Animation IDs in the scripts configuration. The animation I used for Reflect and Reflect Breaker was a cheesy mirror so you can change the animation itself to suit your game.

Another important part is the ATK-F property in the Database -> Skills page. When ATK-F is not 0, the skill is considered a "physical attack" so it isnt reflected. When ATK-F is set to 0, then a skill is considered a "spell" which can be reflected.

5. Tehprince

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    The mirror animation you're talking about is the one displayed over the character when a spell is reflected, but that isn't what I want to change.

Using the example from your demo, say Aluxes has the reflect status and he has the earth spell cast on him. The mirror animation plays over his battler, and the earth spell's animation instead hits the elemental. That isn't what I want to happen. I want to have the elemental cast the earth spell at him, have the mirror animation play over Aluxes and then have the cross-cut animation play over the elemental.

In other words, I want to reflect the spell without using its animation. Honestly, at this point I'm not even sure this script can be modified to do this. I'm fully aware that this isn't what this script is supposed to be used for, but I haven't found a single counter-attack script anywhere after searching through several forums.