[XP] Having slip damage be an element so some enemies can take less damage from it?

level2janitor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Slip damage tends to deal damage based on a percent of an enemy's health, which is fine for normal enemies, but generally that makes it punch above its weight against bosses. Is there a script that attaches an elemental type to slip damage so I can have some enemies resist it?

Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Go to Game_Battler 3 and go near the bottom where it says "Application of Slip Damage Effects"

This is how I did the bleed state for my game which checks on their resistance to the physical element
Ruby:
#Bleed State
    if self.state?(19)
      @slip = 10
      @slip /= @pdef
      @slip *= self.element_rate(1) / 100.0
      self.damage += Integer(@slip)
    end

My use of slip effs is a bit more advanced. if you're using the default XP Slip damage formula, I'd be best to probably just check to see which state it is, then take self.damage and multiply it by the self.element_rate(x) with x being the iD of the element you want to check. As shown in my code, you would divide that by 100 to get the %.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

So... I'm gonna be a parent... XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultragore