Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I had wanted to make the combat in my game more interesting by making attacks fail often, but HP low to compensate. Along with this, I had wanted a failed attack to return a sort of joke-y fail message.
I had tried to use a script that changes Attacks to make them call events if you use a specific weapon, but I couldn't get it to work.

So, what I'm asking for now is a script that makes ANY battle action show a textbox.
Like:

>Hero attacks!
>Enemy recieved 20 damage!

That sort of thing. Similar to MOTHER, y'know?
If there isn't a script for this, I'll happily move on, but any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: So apparently this sort of thing is called a Battle Log? Or maybe that's when you can read what happened after the fact. Either way, my request remains mostly unchanged. An XP script that enables me to display text whenever anything happens in battle. Thanks again!

Last edited:

OpheliaEnigma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If there isn't a script like that, I would like to make one. May take a while (some days) though, I'm really busy lately unfortunately :/. From what you describe, I think it may be an easy thing to do.

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
If there isn't a script like that, I would like to make one. May take a while (some days) though, I'm really busy lately unfortunately :/. From what you describe, I think it may be an easy thing to do.
Really? I wouldn't want to bother you or anything, but the offer is very nice! We'll see if anyone knows of a script. If you do end up making one, I'll be sure to give you credit!

OpheliaEnigma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doinathing Ups... I'm really sorry, but I misread and only now noticed this was about RPG Maker XP. I thought it was MV :/ I guess when a girl tries doing too many things at once ends up doing everything wrong :p. I'm really sorry but I think I can't help much with XP

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Doinathing Ups... I'm really sorry, but I misread and only now noticed this was about RPG Maker XP. I thought it was MV :/ I guess when a girl tries doing too many things at once ends up doing everything wrong :p. I'm really sorry but I think I can't help much with XP
Oh. Well, that's okay! Thanks for offering, though.

Doinathing

That Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This might be what you're looking for:

There's also the Battle Comments script, which you might be able to edit:
This was exactly what I was looking for, thanks! It's strange when I searched for this I didn't find anything, tough. Let's hope this works!

@slimmmeiske2 Okay, this is pretty much what I'm looking for, but would it be possible to display an additional message when an attack fails?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeżeli jeszcze nie subskrybujecie to byłoby nam bardzo miło.
1.png
Potrzebujemy 100 subów na niestandardowy URL.
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellboy2100