Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean ruined ? Did the conversion fail ? If yes, can you send me a sample project with a map that failed ? I'll see if I can fix that.

microhamster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
The auto tiles wonked out on me, its ok already started a new project. Also it gives my maps a fuzz look, because it has to upscale the old stuff.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Damn, how could I overlook this... amazing work. I gave it a quick shot and bam. I've already given up on many maps with tons of dialoges inside which I simply was too lazy to convert manually and now here they are. Thanks, that's one hell of a late Christmas present for me ;-).

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm happy that it helped you a bit. Late Merry Christmas then :)

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you first use the RGSS script in your RPG Maker XP Project ? You need to launch the script for the corresponding file to be created. Once you get the file, you can select the project folder with the software.

caim

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank for the reply. I have successfully export to MV

but the map kind of mess up because there a coloured edge on some tile

may be it's a miscalculate when export tileset.

Untitledaa.jpgUntitledaaaaa.jpgUntitled.jpg

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the converter helps you to place the tiles, but it is not made for a perfect resource conversion; since the tile size is 1.5x that of RPG Maker XP, defects are bound to appear. I suggest you to edit the tileset picture by yourself; the main idea of the converter is to properly recreate the database, events and tiles locations.

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hi, I'm trying out your tool. It works pretty well, though there is a little restriction that I just found out. One of my armors had quotation marks, so when it was transferred to the JSON file, it made the files unreadable. Fortunately I fixed it by hand, just by removing the quotation marks from both the Armors.json and System.json (since it makes one armor type per each existant armor).

Anyway, it works well now. But just wanted to report that. Cheers, it's pretty neat! This actually gave me a jumpstart to remake a game I made in XP.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Indeed, I didn't expect quotation marks in the names. I'll take a look sometimes to see if I can fix this.

YunaFFX

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry if this is kind of a silly question, but I'm just interested in converting all the XP RTP character sprites to be useable in MV. 

Does this program convert everything from the default RTP to MP size, or just files that are used in a specific game project?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, it only converts (through the software) the resources of the project. Also, the conversion is rough and presents some pixels errors. It is more used as a placeholder than real conversion, because of the resizing by 1.5.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There would be some work involved in actually getting your graphics into an MV format, but for the actual resizing, I find this utility works exceptionally well:

I've linked to the post with the actual download. For XP graphics, I'd suggest using the "fast" method this utility provides. The other is more for painted style graphics, like Ace.

Boss

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
hey anybody pls make a tutorial and upload it on youtube plsssssssss

i really need help i dont know how to convert rgss file and then rcproject pls help me 

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When converting a bigger project, I get an error when opening the fresh MV project:

error.png

I added the json file in attachement. Hope this help to clear this up :)

View attachment Tilesets.json

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has been a while since I looked at json files. I think that somehow there is a mistake somewhere in the conversion, maybe due to the size of a tileset. However I won't have time to work on this for now. 

Later, I'll work on an enhanced version of the script, but I can't tell you when.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, that's okay. I decided to export the maps to TileD format and export them from there to MV so I don't need the tileset.json after all :) Everything else worked so i'm on track :)

Jesso

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hope this isn't a dead topic, I was trying the script on an old RPG XP game and I got this Error:

"Too big for A5 For now"

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jesso : The topic isn't dead, but I haven't been working on this for a long time. From what I remember, this error means the tileset you used in RMXP is too big to be converted into RMMV tileset format. Unlike XP, your tilesets cannot have unlimited sizes.

westingtyler

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
For anyone getting the "Too Big for A5 for now" error when hitting the play button to compile it, I found out why, at least for my project.

USING tiles on your map that were taken from below the 512 pixel point of the tileset, crashes the rpg maker xp to rpg maker mv exporter. the tileset images (and their database entries) themselves can be however big you want, but all squares on the actual map MUST be stamped from earlier than that point. In the attached image, you can see my park map. The duplicated tile on the right side, is the topmost square in my tileset. the HIGHLIGHTED square in the map and the tileset, is what crashes the exporter. If I remove this single tile and replace it with a tile from earlier in the tileset (higher in the tileset .png image than the vertical 512 pixel mark) everything exports fine.

What I will do for my project is stamp an "early" tile over the right side of all my maps before export. the actual tile layout of the maps may have to be brushed up and reconstructed in MV, but that's no problem considering how much effort this tool saves.

After a year or so I don't expect updates to this great tool, but if it ever is updated, it would be great to have a little explanation when it creates this error, which a reference to which map has the error. The project-wide process of elimination to solve this, while fun for me, is a pain in the boo-boo, and a note would save some headaches.

What would be even more awesome is if the exporter just automatically replaced all those tiles with an "early" tile, so everything goes smoothly, with a note that comes up and says "map layouts have been simplified for export and will need reconstruction in MV. for now."

Attachments

• mslugs conversion bug.PNG
    mslugs conversion bug.PNG
    550.8 KB · Views: 21

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally, deleted my Reddit account
I cant say I dont regret it, I honestly liked FMA subreddit, but nah, reddit succs
Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komaSteif