Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly what I scraped in the past for this converter, the Too big for A5 meant that it was impossible to get the whole XP tileset converted to MV. The reason being, tilesets are limited in MV while they were not in XP, and this is the limit.

Now the problem with the simplification of the layout, is, which tile should be used then ?

Reptalia1994

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And Scripts Transform tu Javascript Pluggins?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The script will convert the database items to JSON files for MV. It will also list all resources in use

So, no. Script conversion is up to you.

Shoninya

Keyblade wielder
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hey everybody. Im new to this forum but have been to several other rpg maker forums yet.
Cause most of these messages is 3-4 years old. How far is the progress with that RM XP to MV converter?
I tried to read everything but my english is not the best so thats why im asking.
Can i convert an RM XP project to MV?
i know that i have to convert the tilessets (takes some effort but okay) but do i have to map everything again or can i import that then?

i have a very nice project and want to finish it but i would like to finish it for mv to make it able to play with mobil.
would be very nice to get an answer (for example from @Schlangan ) thanks

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can somehow convert the database and the tilesets. If your tilesets from XP were too big, you will have to manually adjust them and remap the corresponding parts. As for the scripts, you cannot convert them directly.

Please keep in mind I have not been working on this converter since I released it, and I do not plan to for now.

Shoninya

Keyblade wielder
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
You can somehow convert the database and the tilesets. If your tilesets from XP were too big, you will have to manually adjust them and remap the corresponding parts. As for the scripts, you cannot convert them directly.

Please keep in mind I have not been working on this converter since I released it, and I do not plan to for now.
thanks for replying.

i dont have scripts!

i tried your converter and im suprised that he also converted my maps. but a lot have mistakes on them i need to fix, but anyhow better than map everything again. but some of the events are a bit buggy too, maybe because not everything could be converted that easily,

one major event (after the tutorial is completed in this moment when the char gets created and teleportet to 1 of the possability maps) i dont know why the event isnt starting, the condition is fullfilled but i dont know if its a convert error or an logical error ^^

LostXLe9acy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to revive this thread but I'm getting this error when trying to run my game. I put the script in the Main script. Is this a common error or am I a special case?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-29 203533.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-29 203533.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2020-10-29 203608.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-29 203608.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 8

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Window_Base is a default script that comes in every project. Does your project not have any of the default scripts or did it rewrite them in some way?

hc phoenix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I know this is an old tool and no longer maintained but I'm getting an error with the exported data that I didn't see anyone else in the thread mention, and don't really know what else to do except post here. When I copy the exported files over into a fresh MV project and open it, I get the error "Unable to read file Skills.json." I replace that file with the default Skills.json and get a similar error with a different data file, on down the line until every database file is tossed except, inexplicably, Common Events, which seemingly convert just fine. Maps also fail to appear at all in the editor for probably-related reasons. I open the exported JSON files in a text editor and at a glance I don't see any glaring issues, so I really have no clue how to proceed. The project is big (999 map limit big) so it's hard to know where to begin.

Anyone have any ideas what could be happening? Should I upload and link the project folder here?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RMMV - Skip script errors:

For game developer testing purposes.
You know, I really get to farm likes since I post all of @Avery and @hiddenone 's blog tutorials on the forums...
Back from a very long hiatus with a new project woo
This is my battler placeholder image trying out art styles too I want to fake a backview battle system
I think I will want portraits and battle sprites to be 2D and stick to pixel art for overworld not 100%sure but pretty sure its easier to make pixel art for overworld sprites, events and maps and stuff.
Placeholder.png
$Syringer.png
toying with a brand new monster design
Another doodle! Green-haired girl has no name yet, so, any suggestions?
She is about the same age as Nikki, and she is the last one of her clan, known for their innate skills in manipulating both ice and fire. She is a bit stubborn, as well as having a soft spot for kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfhhdfh