Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A lot of people like to use the XP tilesets in the newer engines, but since it's style hardly matches that of most tilesets used in those games, I decided to paint over some of them.
It doesn't look like VX RTP 100%, but it will surely blend better with it than the original one.
Please grab the trees from this post as the other ones posted might be outdated.

Terms of Use:
  • Completely free for use in any projects, without the need to ask;
  • Credit Enterbrain;
  • Crediting me (Ebanyle) is only required when reposting it, be edited or not. Otherwise, it's not necessary;
  • You need to legally own RPG Maker XP to use these;
  • Usage is only allowed within the Maker Engines.

I intend to rework more trees, but if you have any specific piece of XP tileset you'd wish to be reworked, please feel free to ask :kaoswt:

Log
11/08/2019: Added Woods01 big tree, with a leafless version and with a hole for both.
05/19/2019: Added FarmVillage01/Castle01 tree, along with the bottom part of MineTown01. Added Grassland01 and Forest01 tree's trunks. Also did a very few changes for Beach01 leafless tree.
05/16/2019: Added Beach01 tree including a bonus leafless version. Polished the edges of the previous trees and fixed a pixel positioning in the brown moss-covered pieces.
05/15/2019: Added Forest01 tree including moss and recolor.

Last edited:

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks fantastic! Good job! Also, thanks for sharing too. :)
Thank you so much :cutesmile:

Beach01 tree is here! Not very much beachy looking if I can say, but it's up to you where to use it.
It has a bonus leafless version too, just like the others~

Also, I polished the edges of the other trees a little so they look a bit smoother now.
Besides that, I corrected a pixel positioning issue with the moss-covered brown trees. Honestly the time I spent dealing with those could have been used to revamp another tree. Goofy me of not testing the tilesets in-game:kaoangry:

Last edited:

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the "beach" in the name had to do with the color, since the wind from saltwater will weather the bark differently than those inland.

Oh yeah, just like I've said to others, just make sure you're having fun with it. That's the important thing! :D

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Such a nice work, thank you so much!

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mrs_Allykat that makes sense. I guess the roots help with that impression too :D
And it's good for me to draw since I've been not doing it lately, but it is still fun~

@Juanita Star Thanks! :kaoluv:

And here we have FarmVillage01/Castle01 tree~ It also has the bottom part of MineTown01!
There's no leafless version, but I made that one tree part at the bottom compatible with the top-left leafless tree:kaoswt:
Also, since there's no space anymore to have trees on the tileset, I decided to insert some trunks! To Grassland01 and Forest01 specifically~
Though the in-game tileset is kinda awful to use. I don't know if it can be helped since the trees are so big, that's probably why people prefer to use them in parallax:kaodes:
Anyway, enough talk!

I also did a veeery small change on the top of the leafless Beach01 tree.

At long last, I'm planning to do something bigger since a new tileset will be needed, so stay tunned!... as long as I'm non-procastinately and psychologically prepared, that is. But it may take a bit more of time:kaoswt2:

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh this batch is even better than the last set, and the last was super good. Oddly enough, there are never enough trees in an RM game. You're doing great stuff!

Yukina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This looks gorgeous! One thing that bothers me about RPG Maker games is the lack of tree diversity, so I'm really happy to see this!
Thank you for your work!

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
these are great! I HATE the vx ace default trees lol so these are awesome
reminds me of how legendary Xp was...

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finally, here's Woods01 big tree!

My original plan was to make the rest of this tileset's trees along with the big one, but I disliked how the painting was going, then I got lazy along with, then my laptop died... anyway, the thing is, it comes with a leafless version, though I'm not that good with branches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.
The project I am working on is going great at the moment. I'm hoping everyone is having as successful a time as I am. :)
Waiting for RPG Maker VX Ace to also go ON SALE on this site, cause honestly, I don't want to buy it on Steam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
its-a-sheep234