Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I'm using Blizzard's Stat Distribution script (Link), and it's divided into 4 different windows. I'm trying to get Window_DistributionStatus to refresh when Window_Distribution refreshes.

I'm close to figuring it out, but now I'm stuck. What I figured out so far:
To recall a window, I can simply do [scene name].new(@actor) for this script. I tried making it so I call the status every time I add a point to a stat, but I then realized that is just keeps stacking different iterations of the status on top of each other aka calling it again doesn't replace whatever is already there.

Let's say I had it where when I increase my Dex by 3, Evasion increases by 1. If I just simply recall Status, it'll stack, so if I increase my DEX by 15 from 3, I will see a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 stacked on top of each other, and I don't know how to use self.contents.clear to clear the contents of one window from another, and I can't seem to use dispose without having to call another instance of the window first (and that dispose just disposes the one I made and not the one already there).

I know Scene_Points is where the first status window is actually called. However, I can't NOT have it appear until you start making changes to your stats because it feels and looks clunky. I tried just recalling Scene_Points, but that resets everything unless you finalized it which, if I had it refresh when you click finish, it defeats the purpose.

The purpose of me doing this is so you can see how much other stats are increased.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Usually you only need to call the refresh method of any given window in the corresponding update method of the scene, i.e. update_stat or update_status, etc.

Since all involved windows should read the same set of variables every time they refresh their data, no overlapping numbers should ever be displayed on screen.

Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Usually you only need to call the refresh method of any given window in the corresponding update method of the scene, i.e. update_stat or update_status, etc.

Since all involved windows should read the same set of variables every time they refresh their data, no overlapping numbers should ever be displayed on screen.
Thank you! I got it! Learn something new every day.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TdublinB571