Nageik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, guys!
I've been doing some research on a windmill (XP). The problem is that looking at the conditions of use, I saw that I couldn't use it on any other engine than RPG Maker...

Will you have a public windmill?
I found the one of PandaMaru which is splendid, unfortunately according to the conditions, I cannot use it if I do not work under RPG Maker.
Thanks for reading all the way through, have a nice day !

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
perhaps you should search on other websites like opengameart?
The problem is that this is the official RPG-Maker website, and as soon as any resource uses even parts of edits of the RTP from the makers, the result will be limited for use in Makers only.

I think there is a windmill in one of the High-Fantasy or Medieval packs in the shop and that would be usable outside of the RMs, because those 3D-renders do not use any part of the RTP. But for the same reason it will probably not fit your game.

Nageik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
The tilesets that PandaMaru made for RPG maker xp fit in the engine that I use, it's just that he doesn't want us to use them elsewhere than on the RPG Maker engine if I understood well ...

On opengameart there are only 3D models, not really in XP format.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that has nothing to do with want - as soon as an artist uses anything of the RTP in his/her works (and a lot of them do when making things as that is easier) then it is legally forbidden to use the resulting edit outside the RPG-Makers.

but
1) opengameart does include 2D art and formatted for a lot of engines, you just have to search for them because too many people care only for 3D lately, and the 2D-works are mostly older (XP is almost twenty years old itself)

2) formatting will always be up to you, and should not be much of a problem

3) as proven if you can use RMXP-formats in a non-RMXP-engine.

You will always have to do some formatting work to move resources.

And none of that changes my remark above that this is the official RPG-Maker-Website, and it is actually forbidden by Degica to give support for non-Degica engines here. After all, why should they pay for the website for supporting things they don't sell themselves and can even get into legal problems with?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playtesting for Battle Castle is done, demo time for me was roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'm going to pass it on to a few friends first, and after getting some feedback will be posting an official topic.
There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lemminace