TEETH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using Nicke's Simple Gold Hud script and no matter how much I try, it won't show up for me.

I have the switch ID to 3 and I changed that part of the script like it said to on lines 30-31.

GOLD = [361, 3, true, false, 1]

The event I have to trigger it is just a chatacter you talk to.

Control Switches: [003: ON]

(I've tried action button, parrallel process, and autorun and none of these work)

I do have the Core Script inserted.

I tried inserting the script and core script into a new project and it still didn't work.

The resolution I'm using is 640x480.

EDIT: So it will work but only after I use the menu. Is there a way to have it automatically show up?

Last edited by a moderator:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Working on it.

Here you go:

#-------------------------------------# Xail's Simple Gold HUD fix - mjshi#-------------------------------------# Addon Version (paste below Xail's# Simple Gold HUD)#-------------------------------------class Scene_Map def check_gold_hud @gold_window.visible = $game_switches[XAIL::GOLD::GOLD[1]] endendIf you don't want to have it as an addon, replace Xail's script with this:

#==============================================================================# Simple Gold Hud# Author: Nicke, update method fixed by mjshi# Created: 06/06/2012# Edited: 20/03/2013# Version: 1.0e#==============================================================================# Instructions# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------# To install this script, open up your script editor and copy/paste this script# to an open slot below ? Materials but above ? Main. Remember to save.#==============================================================================# Requires: XS - Core Script.#==============================================================================# *** Only for RPG Maker VX Ace. ***#==============================================================================($imported ||= {})["XAIL-SIMPLE-GOLD-HUD"] = truemodule XAIL module GOLD #--------------------------------------------------------------------------# # * Settings #--------------------------------------------------------------------------# # FONT = [name, size, color, bold, shadow] FONT = [["Anklada™","Verdana"], 20, Color.new(255,255,255), true, true] # GOLD_WINDOW = [width, x, y , opacity, skin] WINDOW = [160, 405, 375, 200, 0, ""] # GOLD = [icon, switch_id, show_icon, show_vocab, count_switch] GOLD = [361, 1, true, false, 1] # GOLD_COUNT = [sound, vol, pitch, play] GOLD_COUNT = ["", 60, 100, false] # Count timer for updating the gold. GOLD_COUNT_WAIT = 4 # The time lapse between gold count changing. GOLD_CHANGING = 1 endend# *** Don't edit below unless you know what you are doing. ***#==============================================================================## ** Error Handler#==============================================================================# unless $imported["XAIL-XS-CORE"] # // Error handler when XS - Core is not installed. msg = "The script %s requires the latest version of XS - Core in order to function properly." name = "XS - Gold HUD" msgbox(sprintf(msg, name)) exit end#==============================================================================## ** Window_Gold_Hud#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Class for drawing the gold.#==============================================================================#class Window_Gold_Hud < Window_Base def initialize # // Method to initialize the gold window. super(0, 0, window_width, fitting_height(1)) @last_gold = $game_party.gold @wait_period = XAIL::GOLD::GOLD_COUNT_WAIT refresh end def window_width # // Method to return the width. return XAIL::GOLD::WINDOW[0] end def draw_gold(value, unit, x, y, width) # // Method to draw the gold. cx = text_size(unit).width contents.font = Font.new(XAIL::GOLD::FONT[0], XAIL::GOLD::FONT[1]) contents.font.color = XAIL::GOLD::FONT[2] contents.font.bold = XAIL::GOLD::FONT[3] contents.font.shadow = XAIL::GOLD::FONT[4] # // Draw gold. draw_text(x, y, width - cx - 9, line_height, value, 2) # // Draw vocab. draw_text(x, y, width, line_height, unit, 2) if XAIL::GOLD::GOLD[3] reset_font_settings end def refresh # // Method to refresh the gold. contents.clear if $game_switches[XAIL::GOLD::GOLD[4]] draw_gold($game_party.gold, Vocab::currency_unit, -10, 0, contents.width - 8) else draw_gold(@last_gold, Vocab::currency_unit, -10, 0, contents.width - 8) end draw_icon(XAIL::GOLD::GOLD[0], 100, -2) if XAIL::GOLD::GOLD[2] end def update # // Method to update the gold. super @wait_period -= 1 if @wait_period != 0 if @last_gold != $game_party.gold and @wait_period == 0 if @last_gold < $game_party.gold @last_gold += 1 else @last_gold -= 1 end if self.visible Sound.play(XAIL::GOLD::GOLD_COUNT[0], XAIL::GOLD::GOLD_COUNT[1], XAIL::GOLD::GOLD_COUNT[2]) if XAIL::GOLD::GOLD_COUNT[3] end refresh @wait_period = XAIL::GOLD::GOLD_CHANGING end endend#==============================================================================# ** Scene_Map#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Show gold window on the map.#==============================================================================class Scene_Map < Scene_Base alias xail_gold_hud_create_all_windows create_all_windows def create_all_windows(*args, &block) # // Method to create all windows. xail_gold_hud_create_all_windows(*args, &block) create_gold_window check_gold_hud end def create_gold_window # // Method to create the gold window. @gold_window = Window_Gold_Hud.new @gold_window.x = XAIL::GOLD::WINDOW[1] @gold_window.y = XAIL::GOLD::WINDOW[2] @gold_window.z = XAIL::GOLD::WINDOW[3] @gold_window.opacity = XAIL::GOLD::WINDOW[4] @gold_window.windowskin = Cache.system(XAIL::GOLD::WINDOW[5]) unless XAIL::GOLD::WINDOW[5] == "" end alias xail_gold_window_update update def update(*args, &block) # // Method to update the gold window on the map. xail_gold_window_update(*args, &block) check_gold_hud end def check_gold_hud @gold_window.visible = $game_switches[XAIL::GOLD::GOLD[1]] endend # END OF FILE#=*==========================================================================*=## ** END OF FILE#=*==========================================================================*=#
Tested in a blank project and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

TEETH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wonderful! Really, Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Going to try my luck with Rust programming language. C++ is just way too gosh darn frustrating.
Phew. Finally fixed all of the tileset and event issues in this demo. And now, it's time to release another, finished game. Stay tuned!
you know, since learning C [;)] I've grown to love VC and OpenGL :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiresu