Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

XS - Item Durability

Version 1.0b

Introduction

This script will enable a durability effect to every items, weapons and armors ingame. Using the notetag system you can specify current/maximum durability value. This script is pretty extensive and changes the aspects alot, i.e if a item is at durability value 0.0 (total broken) you cannot use that item anymore and if it does get broken in battle it will automatically be unequipped.

Features

• Easy to see the current/maximum durability value for every items.
  • Check repairable status, current and maximum durability value for a specific item using a script call.
  • Enabled at default a durability log will be displayed at battle if a item has been broken.
  • Shop support repairing.
  • A random factor will decide which items to be damaged and by how much each time at battle.
  • The ability to decide item repair price and durability damage formula.
  • And more!

Screenshots

How to Use

To install any of my scripts, open up your script editor and copy/paste the script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Script

Get the script here and the Numeric Class.

Updates

Released 1.0b. Fixed a serious item bug which would shutdown the game. This script now also requires IceDragon's Numeric class in order to function.

Credit

Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planing on using any of my scripts. Thanks.

Can be use in commercial projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This script is awesome. I'm not in need of it for my current project but I honestly do love it.

Roundpitt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't get this to work.  I have both the "Item Durability" script and the "Numeric Class" script saved as individual scripts between materials and main. I have <durability: 9.0>

<max_durability: 9.0>

<repairable: true>

in my note tag for the armor item in the first slot. I am using both the XS core and Menu but the durability does not display in the menu. I can go do a few battles and eventually stuff will break, but there is nothing in the menu that says how much durability is left. 

Please help me, this is the best durability script I have found and I would really like to use it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_game_dev