XS - Menu Delux

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Nicke, Nov 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ct_bolt

ct_bolt Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Javascript
    Yeah, that really is up to the game designer isn't it. You've made it very easy to change everything to the way we could want it. Love it so far! BD

2. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I was wanting to add a new menu option for a quest menu using MModern Algerbra's Quest Journal Script. How would I add that to the menu?

3. vindaca

vindaca CEO of Tales of the Valiant Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @ShinGamix

try pasting everything between the bracets into the script under the Menu_List

{ :quest => ["Quests", "A log of all quest progress.", 141, true, false, common_event_id] }

then set a common event with this script call

{ call_quest_journal }

no trigger needed unless you wanted to add another dynamic.

@Nicke

Im not complaning I know you have a lot on your plate. Just wondering if your still going to make it possible to veiw the sprites instead of the faces and maybe make another request to make them walk in place when they are highlighted on the menu. Thank you for all the time you've put into it so far. visually its better then any menu scripts I've seen and its easy to work with too.

4. ct_bolt

ct_bolt Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Javascript
    Yup, that's basically how I do it with XaiL System - Journal by Nicke. There is one thing I was wondering though, how would I return the the menu instead of the map when I exit the journal?

This is what I've got working for this menu system...

[​IMG]

if your interested let me know & I may share some secrets. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  5. Nicke

Nicke Fortune seeker Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sure go ahead and share it. I am actually working on a solution :p

ct_bolt likes this.
  6. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'd love to know how to show sprites instead of faces..(for the whole game would be even better!)

ct_bolt likes this.
  7. ct_bolt

ct_bolt Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Javascript
    Awesome, looking forward to it.  :rock-left:   It's probably better then the way I do it. BD

Here is my quick solution:

First you must be using Victor Engine - Basic Module, Victor Engine - Animated Battle, Victor Engine - Actors Battlers, Victor Engine - Sprite in Windows (in that order).

I don't know what scripts are compatible with these so you may be limited.

Then add my code in a new spot bellow all the others.

My code:

module REPLACE ALL = false # Set to true to replace all the faces in the game INMENU = true # Set to true to replace the face in the menu X_OFFSET = 12 Y_OFFSET = 12endclass Window_Base < Window def draw_actor_face(actor, x, y, enabled = true) if REPLACE::ALL == true draw_animated_actor(actor, x + 12, y + 12, 'left', enabled) else draw_face(actor.face_name, actor.face_index, x, y, enabled) end endenddef draw_item(index) actor = $game_party.members[index] enabled = $game_party.battle_members.include?(actor) rect = item_rect(index) draw_item_background(index) if REPLACE::INMENU == true draw_animated_actor(actor, rect.x + 12, rect.y + 12, 'left', enabled) else draw_actor_face(actor, rect.x + 1, rect.y + 1, enabled) end draw_actor_simple_status(actor, rect.x + 108, rect.y + line_height / 2) endclass Window_MenuStatus < Window_Selectable def draw_item(index) # // Method to draw item. actor = $game_party.members[index] rect = item_rect(index) # // Face if REPLACE::INMENU == true draw_animated_actor(actor, rect.x + REPLACE::X_OFFSET, rect.y + REPLACE::Y_OFFSET) #end else draw_actor_face(actor, rect.x + 1, rect.y + 1, true) end # // Name draw_font_text(actor.name, rect.x + 4, rect.y, rect.width, 0, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::FONT[0], 20, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::FONT[2]) # // Level lvl = "#{Vocab::level_a}: #{actor.level}" draw_font_text(lvl, rect.x + 4, rect.y + 64, rect.width, 0, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::FONT[0], 18, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::FONT[2]) # // Class draw_font_text(actor.class.name, rect.x - 4, rect.y + 76, rect.width, 2, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::FONT[0], 18, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::FONT[2]) # // Stats draw_menu_stats(actor, :hp, rect.x, rect.y + 90, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::BAR_HP[0], XAIL::MENU_DELUX::BAR_HP[1], rect.width - 2) draw_menu_stats(actor, :mp, rect.x, rect.y + 100, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::BAR_MP[0], XAIL::MENU_DELUX::BAR_MP[1], rect.width - 2) draw_menu_stats(actor, :tp, rect.x, rect.y + 110, XAIL::MENU_DELUX::BAR_TP[0], XAIL::MENU_DELUX::BAR_TP[1], rect.width - 2) end end
    The sprites I used are from Holders Animated Battlers but you could make your own as well of course. ;)

Again though as I mentioned above I look forward to Nicke's solution as it will probably be more suitable. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  8. vindaca

First Language:
    English
    @ct_bolt Thank you ct_bolt it looks good i haven't tryed it out yet but i cant wait to look it over and learn what i can from it. I will most likely just use this till i figure out a way to animate when highlighted.

@everyone else I figured out an easy fix to get non animated actor sprites instead of faces if anyone is interested.

Change the line under the "def draw_item(index)" that defines the faces

"draw_actor_face(actor, rect.x + 1, rect.y + 1, true)" to "draw_actor_graphic(actor, rect.x + 50, rect.y + 70)"

and the actors will be displayed non animated. I'm still hoping for help getting them animated when they are selected.

Im not using any VE scripts but im sure it will still work with them.

I hope this helps someone and does not confuse them to much.

@Nicke I'd like to thank you again for such a great script. I love how you break everything down. It makes it so much easier to read and understand. I think I found a problem though if you have the custom menu set to true then I cant access the continue screen from the main menu. I dont know if this is because of other scripts or not. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    ct_bolt likes this.
  9. Nicke

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @vindaca: What do you mean you can't access continue screen?

10. vindaca

First Language:
    English
    @Nicke When i choose the continue option at the start menu it acts like its going to change screen but it just shows the background unless you hit cancel then the start menu pops back up. Im using Wyrelade's Simple Mainmenu script for the start menu. I had this same problem when i first got your script but i was able to fix it just by shuffling around the scripts but it's not working this time.

11. Nosleinad

Nosleinad Storyteller Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hello Nicke,

I think a found a small visual bug that is coming since version 1.1 ( i am using 1.1b). The TP bar at the main menu is appearing like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/screenhunter11feb111831.jpg/'>[​IMG]

My guess is that the value isn't being treated as an integer, but i couldn't find the line to solve it  B)  .

12. Nicke

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Nosleinad: When does that happen? Does it occur everytime or random times? Are you using any special tp scripts?

13. Nosleinad

First Language:
    Portuguese
      I just made a small test here, and it seems to happen everytime when the TP reachs a value bigger than 10. I gained 6 in a battle and the visual were ok, then i reached 19 TP after a second battle, and it was showing a lot of decimals, almost reaching the end of the bar (100).

The only problem here is the amount of decimal numbers, the filling of the bar is normal.

About the TP scripts: i am still using the default TP system.

14. Nicke

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Nosleinad: I am guessing the TP is a decimal value from default so go to this line in the script:

draw_text(x + 2, y, width, line_height, values[0], 0) draw_text(x + 1, y, width, line_height, values[1], 2)And change it to this:

Code:
        # // Draw stats.    draw_text(x + 2, y, width, line_height, values[0].to_i, 0)    draw_text(x + 1, y, width, line_height, values[1].to_i, 2)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  15. Nosleinad

First Language:
    Portuguese
      It really solved the problem Nicke, the TP value was being treated as a looong decimal =).

Thanks a lot!! 

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  16. Tofuffalo

Tofuffalo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Nicke, I was wondering if there was a way to add the background blur option from your XS Icon Menu to this one?

17. Alcortiza

Alcortiza Villager Member

Try this, be sure to backup first since I'm no scripting expert.

Add a create_background below the create_menu_animations which is line 558 of the Menu Delux Script

Add a # at the beginning of the lines of

create_menu_backgrounds

create_menu_animations

Then add a # at the beginning of the lines of the ones below which is around line 621

@backgrounds.each {|i| i[0].dispose unless i[0].nil? ; i[0] = nil } rescue nil

@animations.each {|i| i[0].dispose unless i[0].nil? ; i[0] = nil } rescue nil

18. Tofuffalo

First Language:
    English
    Hmm...the background remains solid black for some odd reason, but thanks anyway, Alcortiza :)

19. Alcortiza

Alcortiza Villager Member

It works perfectly on mine. Oh well.

Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  20. Tofuffalo

First Language:
    English
    Mine looks like this:

@actor = $game_party.menu_actor if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Menu) @backgrounds = [] @animations = [] # create_menu_backgrounds # create_menu_animations
    And:

def dispose_sprites # // Method to dispose sprites. # @backgrounds.each {|i| i[0].dispose unless i[0].nil? ; i[0] = nil } rescue nil # @animations.each {|i| i[0].dispose unless i[0].nil? ; i[0] = nil } rescue nil end
    I've tried it on a new project as well, still just a black background with no transparency.