Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

XS - Random Properties

Version 1.0

Introduction

This script enables you to have random properties for specified items. Add random property items using a new method found in the script.

Features

• The ability to have random properties for weapons and armors. (Will probably add items as well in a upcoming patch.)
  • Easy to setup a random property value using the weapon/armor notetag field.
  • Randomized name for each id. (Optional, this will add a new name either after or before the original name.)
  • Compatible with XS - Popup Item.
  • And more!

Known disadvantages

As much as I wanted it to be completely randomized I prevented a bug so you cannot randomize an item more then once. (The name and the properties will be the same even if you add the same id twice or more.) I will try to implement a better way in a upcoming patch. If you really want the same item to be randomized more you can replicate it in the weapon/armor tab on the editor.

Screenshots

None.

How to Use

To install any of my scripts, open up your script editor and copy/paste the script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Script

Get the script here.

Updates

None yet.

Credit

Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planing on using any of my scripts. Thanks.

Can be use in commercial projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It sounds kind of cool once improved to work more as intended in the concept level. It would make monsters who are generous with their drop rates to work better. Due actually you would then check how good the item actually is and might want the more optimal version from it.

Shablo5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
^ But that creates a balancing nightmare.

Good script, I was considering for a second using it in conjunction with a crafting script I had made, mm, but I don't think it fits.

Hope many find use of this, it's quite neat.

pangeranyakuza

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
can you update link because the link broken ;_;

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oo_K_DASH_oo