Thedemonpit

Lord of the Formors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
After I played Yakuza 0 I though it was incredible. Story and all. I love slamming faces into walls. but all my friends seem to be turned off by the game. So out of pure curiosity. I am wondering what other people who played it thought. Cover me in your gorgeous opinions

Alulis

✧ ฅ/ᐠ。ᆽ。ᐟ \
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I was growing up my Uncle had the Yakuza series, so I ended up playing a lot of them (Currently have Y1-Y5 done, not six, and have played 0 and Kiwami 1, and haven't played any of the spin off games/K2).

I was completely blown away by Y0. Storywise I think it really brings me back to the original Y1/2/3 games - imho there was a bit of a drop in writing quality in Y4+5. I LOVED being able to play as both a young Kiryu and Majima, I feel like it was a great insight into their characters prior to the first game, and it's really interesting to see bits and pieces of who they currently are in their past selves, Majima especially (it's also really interesting seeing the character breakdown through their respective fighting styles + heatmoves!). Majima's part of the storyline really hit me, especially with the introduction of Makoto and her plot. I know that a few people disliked the game because she was put as an important plot piece (along with her romance-ish thing) but I honestly loved it. I kinda lowkey ship it.

The ending hurt me real bad in the good kind of way, and I wouldn't change it at all. I think that Y0 was an amazing prequel series, and really kept the spirit of the Yakuza series while still staying fresh and new. It also really opened up the series in the West, which is great! Just wondering, why didn't your friends like the series? Was it their first introduction to the game? I know that a few of my friends were a little confused by the mass amount of side quests/collecting stuff/mini games to do, and felt like it was a distraction from the game, but to me it wouldn't be a Yakuza game without all of that silliness!

Thedemonpit

Lord of the Formors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
When I was growing up my Uncle had the Yakuza series, so I ended up playing a lot of them (Currently have Y1-Y5 done, not six, and have played 0 and Kiwami 1, and haven't played any of the spin off games/K2).

I was completely blown away by Y0. Storywise I think it really brings me back to the original Y1/2/3 games - imho there was a bit of a drop in writing quality in Y4+5. I LOVED being able to play as both a young Kiryu and Majima, I feel like it was a great insight into their characters prior to the first game, and it's really interesting to see bits and pieces of who they currently are in their past selves, Majima especially (it's also really interesting seeing the character breakdown through their respective fighting styles + heatmoves!). Majima's part of the storyline really hit me, especially with the introduction of Makoto and her plot. I know that a few people disliked the game because she was put as an important plot piece (along with her romance-ish thing) but I honestly loved it. I kinda lowkey ship it.

The ending hurt me real bad in the good kind of way, and I wouldn't change it at all. I think that Y0 was an amazing prequel series, and really kept the spirit of the Yakuza series while still staying fresh and new. It also really opened up the series in the West, which is great! Just wondering, why didn't your friends like the series? Was it their first introduction to the game? I know that a few of my friends were a little confused by the mass amount of side quests/collecting stuff/mini games to do, and felt like it was a distraction from the game, but to me it wouldn't be a Yakuza game without all of that silliness!
They said the games were not proper for a brawlergame(They consider smash a 100% brawler) they said the graphics were off and it felt kind of old. They were also said its a extreme weeb game due to the eng sub game.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I never played the Yakuza series but was aware of it, I did pre-order Yakuza 6 premium edition and mainly only for the bar glasses which are awesome by the way but the artbook will be amazing!

Based on reviews it was a good game and people enjoyed it, I wouldn't consider 0 a flop but they just need to steer clear of English dubbing for obvious reasons.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg
It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tucheka