Yami Battle Damage Popup - possible to create popup by an event?

EntangledPear

Previously No Patience (now patient enough)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using Yami's Battle Damage Popup script (can be found here) to make the battle easier to orient yourself in and visually more attractive. I'm very happy about it, it looks nice and does what I want. In some cases, however, I need the actors or enemies to force lose/gain HP (through common events), by using "change HP". This doesn't register with the script as damage/heal, so there is no popup. I know how to make a battle log message appear, but I'd also like the visual popping numbers there. Does anyone have experience with this script, or is a master scripter (at least compared to me, who knows very little scripting) and could tell me if I can somehow make the popup appear?

I hope I explained it clearly, if not, let me know what needs more clarification.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try doing a script command in the CE.
Ruby:
actor = $game_party.members[0]
actor.item_apply(actor, $data_skills[80])
This works for the damage (or heal, whatever you are doing), but it did not give me a popup on the map or in battle, but I didn't set it up with visual battlers and such so it may work for you.

EntangledPear

Previously No Patience (now patient enough)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You are, as usual, a lifesaver! :LZSkiss:

(the following is mostly for anyone who might need this in the future)
I made a small change in the first line, to assign a specific actor by ID, not by index (it's now "actor = $game_actors[$game_variables[105]]" where the variable is set when target is chosen).
Instead of manually changing HP in the common event, I made corresponding skills (e.g. healing the user by a percentage of damage that was dealt to enemy) and put their IDs in the data_skills brackets. The popups work as they should, the healing or damage is also done. All I need to add is the message in the battle log (that's something I know how to do, for a change).

Thank you so much, Roninator2.

P.S. I know that what I'm doing could probably be easier to achieve with a script, but I just like to try doing things on my own, if the maker allows it :LZSsmile:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

By far, the weirdest flex I've ever seen on the internet is "I don't have the attention span to read what you wrote, but I REALLY want the world to know I don't have that attention span!".
Why... the FACK... do I work in customer service?!?!
Excuse me while I go question allllll my life choices.
DamageEvil_6.png added!
index.php

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantangyl