Yami - Hanzos Script Help

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Crosszeria, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Crosszeria

Crosszeria Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm finding this annoyingly difficult to understand. I've been trying to use Hanzo's script for creating layers. I've followed all the tutorials, but

my Win 7 isn't letting me view Hanzo's demo... Problem is, that tells you how to do it.

If anyone uses Hanzo's, or Yami's script... Please let me know how to use it. In a detailed way..

I have the PNGs already made. No problem there. For Yami's, I've made a folder called "Overlay" in the graphics tab.

I've placed a file in there, although I'm not quite sure what to name it... But that isn't my issue really, although a small

explanation on that would be appreciated too.

Main problem is... I don't know what to do after that. Since BOTH demos are unavailable to me... I have no idea about

the "Eventing" side of it. So I create an Event... Got that... Then what?! XD I have no idea. I've been looking

around all day for it, and haven't found squat. If only the dayum demo would play I'd have been through this a while ago.

1: Descriptive View of what to do in the Eventing tab?

2: What exactly do I name the files in the Overlay folder? (Map is named "1")

I'm only using this process to go under my trees, and behind buildings. I could give up, but I want it to look sweet. x_x

Would be great if anyone could help, thanks!!

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please describe your problem with letting you "view" the demo, there is nothing special in Win7 that blocks anything on RM.

Please LINK to the scripts you're using, we can't help you if we don't know what you're tzalking about.

But in most cases (and that includes all of Yami's scripts that I know of, perhaps with the exception of the battle engine), all instructions for the use of scripts are in the comment areas at the beginning of a script - if you follow those instructions you usually don't need a demo...

3. Crosszeria

First Language:
    English
    When I try to press on the demo, it first came up with a .DLL error. I fixed that, and now it comes up with a RPGVXRTP error. And that one I can't seem to fix.

The instructions in Yami's don't include any instructions on the Event process, only about where to place the Image.

It also says this, which I can't seem to understand...

# ¥ Instructions

# =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

# Create a folder in Graphics and name it Overlay.

# Put all of your overlay into Graphics/Overlay.

# Your overlay file will have the name: "Filename Prefix" + Map-ID + "-" + Number

# which "Filename Prefix" is the one you will config below

# Map-ID is your map's ID

# Number is 1, 2, 3, ... using for Overlay Variables.

#

# Example: Graphics/Overlay/ground2-1.png

# Which means this will be ground layer, for map 2, variable = 1

#

# Light/Shadow must be .jpg

# Parallax/Ground must be .png

I've made the folder and everything. And my map (in RPG Maker) name is 1. So say I want to use the backround on map 1 as a above character image, so I'm able

to walk through... What exactly would I make the title of the image be, in the folder? (I've followed a tutorial on youtube that was VERY handy... But it also skipped

the part I'm trying to do, since it suggested Hanzo's demo which I can't use.)

Understand that I'm VERY, VERY new to this. And only got the RPG Maker a couple days ago. If I had the demo that would recommended,

I feel I would be farrrr passed asking about this. As the Demo had a tutorial of what to do in the eventing menu.

I also have Hanzo's script. But without the demo either I feel it's harder to understand without knowing what to put in the eventing menu.

As for scripts I'm using, (along with Yamis basic module)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  4. J0pac

J0pac Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yami script Instructions tab:

" Create a folder in Graphics and name it Overlay.
     Put all of your overlay into Graphics/Overlay.
     Your overlay file will have the name: "Filename Prefix" + Map-ID + "-" + Number
     which "Filename Prefix" is the one you will config below
     Map-ID is your map's ID
     Number is 1, 2, 3, ... using for Overlay Variables.

Example: Graphics/Overlay/ground2-1.png
     Which means this will be ground layer, for map 2, variable = 1"

In case you don't understand:

Check your map ID in rpg maker(right click on your map->map properties,and Id should be in the top left corner on the window bar)

Make sure you write it down or simply remember it.

Now for a ground layer(this layer is on the same lvl as the character)name the picture: ground(your map id)-1.This "1" is the id of variable you use for turning ground layer on/off.

Example: ground1-1

Same thing for the parallax layer(the layer which is above character).Name the picture:par(your map id)-1.The second number is for variable ,again...

Example: par1-1

Again same thing for Light and Shadow layer...

Example: light7-1.png

shadow1-1.jpg

Don't forget to put all the images to Game folder\Graphics\Overlay!

Edit:Didn't see you made another post while I was writing this...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wrong, it's not the ID but the content of the variable (which is set to 1 as default by the script.
    If you have several different ground layers for the same map (for example, one summer and one winter), then you name them ground1-1 and ground1-2, and if the variable contains the value 1 then the first picture is used, if it contains value 2 then the second picture is used.

@OP: Remember to choose and name the variables you reserve for the overlay script.

For example, the overlay script uses variable number 1 to configure gorund and parallax layer by default. So make sure that this variable is named Ground/parallax in your event windows - and if you already used variable 1 for something else, you need to configure the script to another number (and reserve that other variable)

If you have problems understanding variables, follow the link in my signature and look for a tutorial named "Variables guide" in that post.

J0pac likes this.
  6. Crosszeria

First Language:
    English
    Ok I think I understand the Variables now, TYVM both Andar and J0pac. J0pac your description got my head around it

so good job explaining! When Ander corrected it, it also made sense. So that's one step forward for me! :)

Now my only problem then, if that is all fine and dandy... Is how to activate it in the game.

I've got a Parallax set up currently, and following a youtube video, I'd made a ground one for the base, and one with

just the objects as another one. And apparently the one with the objects is the one I put in doing this... That way

I can walk through the objects I have it set for, having it "above" my character.

So I'll screen shot it as an example.

7. Crosszeria

First Language:
    English
    This one is the EVENT screen, where I'm wondering how I implement the Overlay picture.

Since I don't have a tutorial without the video, and it explains this part. So any input

would be greatly appreciated!! :)

[​IMG]

Here's the one with all items/terrain I'll use at the parallax

[​IMG]

This also, will be what I want above ground. I'll probably make the merged one, with all objects/terrain

together and then add this one as the overlay to walk underneath (for the under trees/buildings effect)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. Crosszeria

First Language:
    English
    I downloaded the RPGVX ACE RTP program, from http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages. It didn't make any difference either.

I literally just can't download the Demo and am only missing the info on that. If I could get the info off of that Demo it would be great. I basically just need someone

to tell me what that demo says about how to set up the eventing screen for the Overlay.

Even if someone, anyone, could download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/2dlor88mfdzbnbw/Overlay+Mapping+Demo.exe the Hanzo tutorial demo

and tell me what it tells you to do, I'd be very grateful. That's the only thing I'm missing.

9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Crosszeria, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please provide a LINK to the script you are using. Do not copy and paste the whole thing into your thread. A link to the forum thread or blog article where the script is introduced is even better than a link to the script itself, as there are likely to be comments from the author and discussion/Q&A that didn't make it into the script comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just a thought, and this is based on the assumption that by Hanzo you mean Hanzo Kimura.

I was under the impression that all Hanzo's scripts were written for VX but you are using VXAce.  Double check exactly what it says at the top of Hanzo's script, because VX scripts rarely, if ever, work in Ace.  Of course,if Hanzo is not Hanzo Kimura then this post is probably irrelevant.