Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a map that's the title screen. I found this answer to my problem:

you will have to go to thr rpg_window.js file and look for window_gameend that where you will add exit point of the game, but to do it you will need make the command to exit by rpg_scene file, and connect it all together with title screen and the game end screen, it's simple just like that, you need to also working with the rpg_manager and go straight to textmanager to add it on text, so later when you exit out of the rpg maker mv, edit the system json file so you add the text manually and it doesn't get erase by everytime you save everychange in your game, any questions?
But I don't understand what to do. Please help.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yami's skip title is a plugin used for testing purposes, not really as a title skipping plugin for actual title skipping. I can recomend HIME_PreTitleEvents instead.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yami's skip title is a plugin used for testing purposes, not really as a title skipping plugin for actual title skipping. I can recomend HIME_PreTitleEvents instead.
Thank you. Can Hime's plugin override the title screen so I can make my own on a map and return the player to the title screen map when the player clicks End Game on the menu inventory?

Edit: I could just make a custom menu inventory if this doesn't work out.

Last edited:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, if the plugin had the exact same problem as Yami's does, it wouldn't make sense to recommend it, would it? :p

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, if the plugin had the exact same problem as Yami's does, it wouldn't make sense to recommend it, would it? :p
Thank you! I just don't understand what YoshiBoy was saying the solution was.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yoshiboy was meaning to reprogram the game over scene to make you teleport to the "title map" instead of returning to title screen. So don't worry about that.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yoshiboy was meaning to reprogram the game over scene to make you teleport to the "title map" instead of returning to title screen. So don't worry about that.
Thank you! I thought he was talking about the end game command of the inventory menu.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, since the quote in my op won't help, I was wondering, is there a way to make Yami Skip reprogram the inventory menu's game end to return the player to my title screen map instead of to the title screen? It's the first map (001) of the game.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There would be, but isn't using Hime's plugin a simple enough solution?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know (and I have used this plugin in past), Hime's plugin is made to always return you to pretitle map instead of your title screen out of the box. So you'd just replace the Yami's plugin with Hime's and you'd be good to go.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As far as I know (and I have used this plugin in past), Hime's plugin is made to always return you to pretitle map instead of your title screen out of the box. So you'd just replace the Yami's plugin with Hime's and you'd be good to go.
It's not working. It doesn't take me to the title screen map when I start a new game or use the end game option in inventory menu.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Edit: I changed the 1 to 0 for pre-title map, and now the title screen map shows up. But when I click end game in inventory menu, I get taken to the title screen instead of the title screen map.

Edit 2: I had Yami Skip Title turned on. I turned it off now, and now no matter what value I put into "pre-title" parameter for Hime's plugin, even if title screen parameter is set to true, the title screen map doesn't show up - only the title screen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.
Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard
It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.
I don't like linear gear progression in games. I'd like to see more gear be useful from start to finish. This is also true for skills. I also like finding overpowered gear, and don't enjoy games that are too balanced.
Framework is getting closer to completion. Adding more QoL changes for users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakobhenerey309