DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can find the Yami TBB code for VX Ace here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/29757-ace-yanfly-skill-restrictions-yami-tbb-skill-restrictions-dont-work-resolved/

Basically, battlers select actions one-by-one. Once an action is selected, it is performed immediately. The order of who selects is decided by agility (this includes enemies). That means that the order can potentially go back and forth between enemies and actors. That can even mean that when you start a battle (or turn), one or more enemies may attack right away before you can do anything because they have higher agility than all of your party members.

The turn ends when all movable (ie. not paralyzed or dead) battlers have performed an action. Since you may have used a skill that decreases/increases the agility stat of a battler, the order needs to be updated during the turn after every action, rather than just static throughout.

Similar examples to this would be Final Fantasy X without the charge element and Persona 3/4 without the extra actions you can have from hitting the enemy weakness (though that may be nice to have as an option you can turn off).

I know Yanfly has made an Instant Cast plugin (which is of course wonderful), but it's not what I had in mind, because what that plugin does is that you can have a free action that is performed immediately (meaning you can select another action after that that may or may not also be an instant free action again) and does not alter selection order.

I've tried using Yami's TBB script and other various battle system scripts as a reference to make my own plugin, but I'm still a very novice programmer and especially new to languages like javascript, since I've only really coded in C++ and Java. So try as I might, I can't wrap my head around changing the battle system the way I want. I would like to ask for someone to write this kind of battle system for MV or help me to do so. Thank you very much in advance!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Another bump.

Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Use Mellye's ATB with Instant ATB on and the ATB bars hidden.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Use Mellye's ATB with Instant ATB on and the ATB bars hidden.
Yup, I tried that and it was close, but there was a problem with turns. In Yami's TBB, the turns are incremented when all movable battlers have acted. In Mellye's ATB, it is based upon something else. There may be a way to tune the parameters so that turns are incremented only when all movable battle members have acted, but I don't know how to do that if it's even possible with Mellye's system.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xtvback