nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Scripts I am asking for help with sorry there is a lot and they seem related to the issue.
https://github.com/suppayami/rmvxa-collection/blob/master/old-ace-scripts/catb.txt Yamis Classical ATB
also his amazing battle engine symphony!
https://github.com/suppayami/rmvxa-collection/tree/master/battle-symphony
Yanfly Ace core and Battle Engine
https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-core-engine/
https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/ace-battle-engine/

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19586 Doublex bugfixes for CATB
And a few of his add on I will name them here but I do not think they are relevant I can edit and link them later if requested.
Doublex Add ons for CATB
Color add on
Cooldown add on
Se on full ATB add on

I want to thank you for reading this far! To make it easier I will post an image and explain my thoughts to see if someone can help me achieve a few effects.

Final_Fantasy_IV_(SNES)_16.gif

Note that Cecil and Kain are in a charged pose during the time between the command or skill selection and the actual execution. Because of the way symphony is coded altering that script seems out of the question. Instead I am proposing a simple solution if someone can help me achieve it. Now I am ignorant when it comes to code so my simple solution may not be as simple as I think but please let me know anyone who is more educated on this topic.

Basically what I am looking for is an add on that will allow for a state to be added to a character after they select a command. That is it. Each command in my game has a charge time, so i figured the charge function of Yamis ATB might be an appropriate way to do this. Or perhaps some kind of add on.

The idea I have is to use Neon Blacks State graphics script, and edit my sprites ready pose to the channel pose. So When the actor selects a skill and it starts to charge his atb I need to add a specified state to him to alter his graphic. because of the nature of symphony he should stay animated with the edited sprite sheet. Then I can simply add a state to the end of skill sequences which nullifies the charge skill state. This seems like an easy way to emulate this effect. What do you guys think? Is this possible? Please can anyone help me get this working in my project: Anime Fighting Fantasy. 

Note: due to the nature of how I plan to use it, you would need to be able to choose which state you add, to which character, So they have the right poses when charging a skill.

Thanks!

P.S.
Less important but bonus work and questions if anyone is interested: Could you make ally sprites flash when there ATB gauge is full and they are selecting their actions like in the GIF above?

P.S.S.
Is there anyway to Make https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/victory-aftermath/ Yanflys Victory Aftermath script, have looped sprite movement during the victory scene? See how Cecil and Kain keep there fist bumping up during the victory of the gif above? That effect.

Much love sorry for all the requests, they are listed in order of importance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support (Scripts is where you post scripts you have made and want to share with others). Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Basically what I am looking for is an add on that will allow for a state to be added to a character after they select a command. That is it. Each command in my game has a charge time, so i figured the charge function of Yamis ATB might be an appropriate way to do this. Or perhaps some kind of add on.

Have you tried the CATB input addon?

nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Wow that might work perfectly! Doublex always seems to have the solution I need. Sorry for being so ignorant But can you tell me some specific ways to utilize this input script?

# RGSS3 codes stored as string form in PRE_ATB_INPUT will be evaluated right
    # before inputting actions
    PRE_ATB_INPUT = "" 

Right here I believe I could add a state that makes them blink right? a simple state that is just has a simple blinking animation? That would emulate part of the pre atb action right?

# RGSS3 codes stored as string form in POST_ATB_INPUT will be evaluated
    # right after inputting actions
    POST_ATB_INPUT = ""

Now here is where I want to change their poses, so here I can add another state that will remove the blinking state and then change their graphic? Ok the only problem I have now Doublex is this.

Each character has to have a unique charging state because of the nature of how I planned to emulate the charging effect. How do I give each character their own state? If actor id 1 add state x etc?

How do I give each character there own PostATB input action? Do I need to put some complex conditional branches in the code to check which actor is acting? And then based on which one it is add a specific state so they appear to be charging the skill? Does that make sense? Sorry if I am making this confusing. I am very ignorant when it comes to coding could you help me write some effective commands to input here?

I really appreciate all your help I owe you so much! Your input to my game has been crucial and always seems to take it to the next level.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Try these:

PRE_ATB_INPUT = "add_state(state_id)" # state_id is specified by you

POST_ATB_INPUT = "@subject.add_state(state_id)" # state_id is specified by you

And it's my fault that I forgot to mention the context using them:

PRE_ATB_INPUT is used in Game_Action

POST_ATB_INPUT is used in Game_Battler

nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am so excited Thanks DoubleX going to try this right now! I will let you know how it works!

nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Forgive my ignorance here DoubleX But if I Use  "POST_ATB_INPUT = "@subject.add_state(state_id)" # state_id is specified by you" WIth this single line can I give each actor a unique state?

I currently have 6 characters I need 6 states and 6 extra graphic sheets. I need Katsumi actor id 1 to have state id x Katsumi charging, and Sakura actor id 2 to have state id y Sakura Charging etc. All the way to 6 states does that make sense?

Sorry my lack of knowledge in code prevents me from seeing this quite clearly. I feel like I am in the building but I have no idea where to go.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
In this case you'll have to do this:

Code:
POST_ATB_INPUT = "if @subject.id == actor_id_a1
                    @subject.add_state(state_id_s1)
                  elsif @subject.id == actor_id_a2
                    @subject.add_state(state_id_s2)
                  elsif @subject.id == actor_id_a3
                    @subject.add_state(state_id_s3)
                  elsif @subject.id == actor_id_a4
                    @subject.add_state(state_id_s4)
                  elsif @subject.id == actor_id_a5
                    @subject.add_state(state_id_s5)
                  elsif @subject.id == actor_id_a6
                    @subject.add_state(state_id_s6)
                  end"

nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
In this case you'll have to do this:

Code:
POST_ATB_INPUT = "if @subject.id == actor_id_a1
                    @subject.add_state(state_id_s1)
                  end"

would i replace in the first line for instance: "if @subject.1 == actor_1_a1
                                                                       @subject.add_state(state_74_s1)..."
I have the graphics and states set up just trying to finalize the code, thanks for writing it for me and for your patience.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
would i replace in the first line for instance: "if @subject.1 == actor_1_a1
                                                                       @subject.add_state(state_74_s1)..."
I have the graphics and states set up just trying to finalize the code, thanks for writing it for me and for your patience.

It should be "if @subject.id == 1
                      @subject.add_state(74)..."

nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
NVFRvaO.gif

DoubleX this is working great but I noticed something strange. If I have a character with the actor select state who gets attacked the enemy will also get that state. Is there a way to prevent this?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Try to change POST_ATB_INPUT to this and see if anything changes:

Code:
POST_ATB_INPUT = "if @subject.actor?
                    if @subject.id == 1
                      @subject.add_state(74)
                    end
                  end"

nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Ok yes I updated these as well so that only the actor is effected by the input commands! This is really working beautifully thank you so much!

nazgul

Husband
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Aside from using a state animation in the PRE_ATB_INPUT I wonder if there is any other way to indicate whose turn it is, that way characters with a separate state animation like a buff or debuff doesn't change state animations during selection. For instance drawing a graphic above or below the actor, or some other way to blink the sprite. If anyone has any thoughts I am all ears. Though as of now this is working very well.

I really like this I think its a great script thanks DoubleX!

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Aside from using a state animation in the PRE_ATB_INPUT I wonder if there is any other way to indicate whose turn it is, that way characters with a separate state animation like a buff or debuff doesn't change state animations during selection. For instance drawing a graphic above or below the actor, or some other way to blink the sprite. If anyone has any thoughts I am all ears. Though as of now this is working very well.

I really like this I think its a great script thanks DoubleX!

The only way I can think of is to use another script adding a graphic above or below the actor sprite that can be displayed thorough the battle, and use the CATB update addon this way:

# Suppose that another script attach each of those graphics to the battler sprite using it and those graphics are referenced by graphic

POST_ATB_UPDATE = "battler_sprites = @spriteset_Battle.battler_sprites
$game_party.alive_members.each { |mem|
battler_sprite = battler_sprites.find { |sprite|
sprite.battler == mem
}
next unless battler_sprite && battler_sprite.graphics.visible
battler_sprite.graphic.visible = mem == BattleManager.actor
}"

Of course the actual contents depend on what script's used to add a graphic above or below the actor sprite.

P.S.: This setup is actually a slightly bad practice, as it might lead to noticeable constant lag and/or fps drop in less powerful machines :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)
Wish I was better at art, specifically that I was faster at it, bc this one NPC took Several Days to complete! It's gonna take So Extremely Long to do all of the art for my game, never mind writing it... Anyways, here's my gorgon, Hopernica Sthyxis!

57b88732c7abbcd84981dacf624a98495af61fcc.gifv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jinyuchai