Yami's Sideview compatibility with Yanfly Action sequences help!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone! I just thought I would ask some help, I know this was asked already, but I found no solutions. x( :(

I tried experimenting around with Yanfly Action Sequences in MV, and I wish to have more frames on my battlers, and for that, I used Yami's Sideview Enhancement here:

It gives battlers more frames... Sadly, it seems incompatible with Yanfly's action sequences, as the plugin doesn't seem to recognize the new frames of Yami's sideview... Like sure, it works well by itself, but when I give a skill/attack an action sequence command, it won't recognize the new 4 framed "missile" or "thrust" and etc. Instead, it'll show an empty box. :(

Can someone please help with this issue? Its kinda sad when Action Sequences is meant to make battles look more animated and cooler, yet we cannot have more frames on our battlers. x(( :( Thanks so much for any help! :D

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using more Frames ,has a few Sideeffects that can cause Problems or atleast make a lot of work ( if U use SRPG i recommend to not use more frames in Battle map ,but u can still use more frames on normal map ,there is an Example for this in the Updated SRPG Demo)

And im sorry i cant help on this question,i dont use these Plugins. I just wanted to let you know this before u put a lot of work into it..

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! Thanks so much for the heads up @Dopan ! ^_^ I appreciate it! And yes, I do plan to use the SRPG! :D But thats unfortunate x( Its okay though, I'll try to make do with the default frames from now on. :) Btw, I notice that charset with many frames on the demo, it looked nice. :)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! Thanks so much for the heads up @Dopan ! ^_^ I appreciate it! And yes, I do plan to use the SRPG! :D But thats unfortunate x( Its okay though, I'll try to make do with the default frames from now on. :) Btw, I notice that charset with many frames on the demo, it looked nice. :)
Its Basicly only in the demo (aswell as Galvs Frame plugin) to show the Problem with more Frames in battle Map, ..
the only walkaround (with no JS needed) would be to edit the Char image "srpg_set" in order to Make "E X A" Dissappair but that would affect all Battle Units..
456677.png
(but if u want to do this, this might work for you)
...And i have to say this Charset with 8 Frames is from Galvs Frame Plugin Demo.I dont take credits on this^^

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ohhh! Thats also a neat idea and alternative! <3 :D Thanks so much for sharing this @Dopan Your help is greatly appreciated! ^_^ :) Galvs Frame plugin looks great for detailed overworld sprites too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
Despite time and all the other things I am working on, I decided that I am going to start a Fire Emblem-like project. Follow your dreams! I'll just have to balance hours efficiently. I'm also not making this as complex as my Might and Magic inspired project, so it will be a much easier project to work on.
So I've taken to doing a test of the game, and making a list of everything I think of during the test to add/fix. Over the course of the night I check them off as I do them, and by the end of the night I always feel like I've accomplished something. :LZSexcite:
Eventz MZ? Events MZ!
My laptop has been restarting for around ten minutes. Not updating. I am concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omniheirus