Yanfly´s doodads- Making collision

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Necrotus, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Necrotus

Necrotus Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovak
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Greetings,

-For those who doesn´t know what Yanfly´s grid-free doodads plugin do and what´s the main problem with that: It basically allows you to place tiles onto map through in-game menu that this plugin adds, but you don´t have 48x48 grid limitation while placing the tile. Only problem with that is you can´t see the tiles you placed (trough the doodads menu) in rpg maker editor so it can be tricky while doing collision.
    Link to the plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2016/09/17/yep-116-grid-free-doodads-rpg-maker-mv/

I am using Yanfly´s doodads plugin and my problem is not really with the plugin itself(so I guess this post shouldn´t be in js related stuff) but more with creating collision for tiles I placed through doodads menu. Currently I am doing collision like you see on images. On one screen I got doodads menu with one big tile where are highlighted map coordinates and on second screen rpg maker editor and basically I am navigating myself trough coorodinates in editor so I know where to place the blank tile(can´t use Yanfly´s restriction movement script bcs I am using diagonal movement script so it doesn´t work) to block off some place where I don´t want player to go.

The question is if there is any faster/smarter way to do this collisions ?

Attached Files:

2. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  3. Necrotus

Necrotus Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovak
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na . . . Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I also have this problem... but I don't think there's a solution to that. One has to use pixel movement. But I can't afford to do that since it actually disables other functions like followers, move routes etc.

One more thing, are you trying to make colliders or do you want the player to interact with those? For colliders only maybe you can use Collision maps.

5. Necrotus

Necrotus Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovak
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just want to make collision for tiles without player interaction. I tried to google up the collision maps you suggested but I found only 2 scripts for that, first is from Hime(http://himeworks.com/2013/09/collision-maps/) but I am not sure if its for MV because demo from site is for VX Ace so this probably wont work and second script I found is from Quasi(https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QM+CollisionMap) but it requires qMovement plugin which like I said before is not good enough for me. Am I missing something or I can do the collision map without scripts ?

6. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na . . . Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Quasi's collision map is an add-on to Qmovement :/ I think you can use it individually without Qmovement... but I can't say for sure since I'm out of town and don't have my computer with me.