Pozinhofan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I know it sounds cliche, and I'm kinda looking forward to solving this but I can't manage to.
I'm a JS developer, but I'm not sure how to handle this Plugin code in order to make it work.

Whenever I use the skill that gives <User Barrier: +100>, it does give my character's hp gauge an "empty extra gauge", even though it's black. But it doesn't give any shield nor the correct extra gray gauge that usually does.

I'm using Yanfly CTB, and my plugins are all in the correct order.

Even trying to create a new project, just with the essentials (Core Engine, BattleCore, Absorption), it doesn't work.
See what's up with the HP gauge:
sup1.png

I can't find any solutions to this. Have been working a lot trying to but I might need your help now.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, does the characters you use the skill on, has a barrier to begin with?
Is those character have the <Barrier Points: +x> notetag or have equipment that have it?
I think the skill notetag are for modifiying barriers that are already present.

Pozinhofan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi! Thanks for helping out!

He does! He has everything running normal. He starts with <Barrier Points: +100>.

I don't know but it seems like it gives the barrier but it's not working with the core itself... What do you think?

I've tried to create some skills that uses the barrier points to work with, but same problem. It increases the "empty extra gauge", but doesn't give a shield.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If the character has a <Barrier Points: +100> notetag, he should start every battle with a 100 points barrier but in the screenshot you gave above it doesn't appear.
And I tested the <User Barrier: +100> notetag in a skill in my project and it work has it should, giving a 100 points barrier to the user (and it even works on characters that doesn't have any barrier notetag)...
Do you use other notetag/script that affect the barrier points in your project? You spoke about the "usually gray gauge", how do you usually make that gauge appear?

Pozinhofan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello!

I've managed to solve it:

I've created another plugin that uses the same structure as yanfly's one and sequence ofJS commands.

Even though it's not the same, I'm now able to create barriers.

I don't know what's happened with Yanfly's one but now I found a solution.

Thanks anyway, you were pretty solid on your answers!

Cheers!

Reactions: TSR

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnyo