Yanfly Action Sequence Unintentionally Attacking Twice

RobotMaid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been hitting a wall. I'm trying to make an AoE skill that hits all enemies but it keeps casting twice and it's infuriating me to no end because I have no idea what changed and caused it to start doing that. I used to have the entire following sequence under "whole action" and it worked... And then suddenly stopped working and every time I used this set up, it double casts.

The notetag sequence I've been using is as follows

<setup action>

wait for movement

jump user: 20, 20

move user: forward, 20, 20

wait for movement

</setup action>

<whole action>

wait: 10

motion spell: user

animation 69: opponents

action effect: opponents

wait for animation

</whole action>

<finish action>

perform finish

wait: 20

wait for movement

MOVE user: RETURN, 20

wait for movement

wait: 10

</finish action>

Having the attack scope be "none" is a fix, but not the fix I want. I want to have the attack scope be "all enemies" so you have a chance to cancel the move if you change your mind before casting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested the skill and managed to remove the second damage ticks by inserting this between the Whole Action and Finish Action parts:

<target action>

</target action>

I think that the Target Action phase is the default phase where action sequences deal damage, so if you don't write anything in that section, the skill will deal damage for a second time in that phase. Writing an empty sequence allows the skill to "ignore" that in a way.

leon93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
In layman terms, the sequence commands goes like this:

Setup > Whole > Target > Finish

So if you set up a Finish the process will run to the end, which causes the double cast. If you stop at Whole meaning you do not add the codes under target and finish, the double cast will not occur as the process does not need to run to finish stage.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My hand hurts from holding the pen for so many hours none stop...:kaocry:
Froggo32 wrote on Soulrender's profile.
I have to ask, who's on your pfp? The character really reminds me of Edgeworth from Ace Attorney lol. I'm really curious.

I'm trying to port L10nMV.js into XP, may probably (because this is my toy project in hobby) coming to XP, VX, VXA.

Learn more about L10nMV.js : https://github.com/Creta5164/L10nMV.js
L10nMV.js forum post : https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...r-game-without-modifying-your-project.120813/
Here's a gif of the reflection. Ace has some pretty cool sprite effects.
cYtUgp8.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaos_Prince87