KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all! After a bunch of messing around with Yanfly's action sequences in my project(and starting a new project), I noticed that when an actor has a state that gives them the "Cannot Move" restriction, as long as they are affected by that state, they no longer responded to movement commands with action sequences.

This is an issue, as a lot of my skills emulate a "psychic" character that tosses enemies around and it visually breaks the effect when a stunned enemy is glued in place but still takes the damage.

I'm unsure if this is something to do with Yanfly's plugin OR if it's something built into the MV engine itself, but any help would be appreciated! Or if it was possible to emulate a stunned state another way,I'd be cool with that too!

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I guess you could try to work it around with something like this:

<target action>
if target.isStateAffected(X)
remove state X: target
add state Y: target
end

...Your sequence

if target.isStateAffected(Y)
remove state Y: target
add state X: target
end
</target action>

State X would be a state with the "cannot move" restriction and state Y would be a fake state only to retain that the target was affected by state X and give it back at the end of the sequence (or you could use a variable instead).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser
wake me up when Photoshop stop crashing everytime
Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamerchix